These Carrot Cake Energy Balls are just what you need for delicious and easy afternoon snacking. A hint of cinnamon, carrots, nuts, medjool dates and more come together to make this simple and no back energy bite recipe. Stay fueled!
What Can I say, I love Energy Balls!
So recently, when I was in the kitchen, my husband asked, "What is your deal with making everything into balls?" It is true, many of my recipes are bite sized and often in the form of a ball.
What does it all come down to and what is my obsession? They are so easy! You can throw a bunch of stuff in the food processor that forms into a massive blob and then form it into cute, bite sized pieces and it becomes a perfect little masterpiece.
Also, I am always working on quick and easy snacks to get me through my mid afternoon slump. A lot of these types of recipes foot the bill. So, that's what my obsession with balls is in a nutshell.... (too much?)
I LOVE carrot cake. It is the best of all kinds of cake in my opinion and anything that tastes even remotely close to it is a win as well. So naturally it was time to come up with an energy ball that was carrot cake flavored. I am in trouble now because I can't get enough of these Carrot Cake Energy Balls!
For this recipe, I had some macadamia nuts that were sitting around and decided to toss them in just for fun and I liked the flavor they added. If you don't have any, just use half a cup more of the pe
cans. These Carrot Cake Energy Balls are a great way to add more veggies to your day. A very tasty addition, might I say!
You can always make these into bars or cookie-like if you prefer. Heck, you can eat it straight from the food processor as well! Now go have some cake!
What You need to make these Carrot Cake Energy Balls:
- macadamia nuts*
- shredded coconut
- medjool dates
- sea salt
* Trust me, you do NOT have to use this exact combo of nuts. I have made this with a number of combos including cashews, pecans, almonds, etc. As long as you have 2 cups of raw nuts that you love, then you will still have amazing Carrot Cake Balls. I looooove macadamia nuts and had some on hand when I created this recipe. Don't feel like you have to go out and buy some.
Notes and Pro-Tips for making these Carrot Cake Energy Balls:
- Not in the mood to shred your carrots? Use the food processor! Process the carrots to break them down and then add in the nuts after. All up to you!
- Not everyone loves raisins and coconut. That's fine, you can always skip them if you would like. I love and need them both in my carrot cake energy balls and just about anything else carrot cake flavored!
- Dried pineapple is another fun ingredient to toss into the mix with these bites. Just saying.
- As I said above, as long as you use 2 cups of nuts, you are good--regardless of the combo and whether or not you include macadamia nuts. Cashews, pecans and almonds are all amazing for this recipe.
- If your "dough" seems to be too dry, add in about a teaspoon of water and process further until it becomes the desired consistency.
- Roll these in coconut for extra coconut goodness!
Try these other carrot cake inspired recipes on the blog!
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw pecans
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts
- 2 medium carrots shredded
- 3-4 T unsweetened shredded coconut
- 8 medjool dates pitted
- 2 T raisins
- ½ T cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of sea salt
- In a food processor, process the nuts until a fine, grainy texture.
- Add all other ingredients and process until a dough begins to form.
- Roll into bite-sized balls.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week!