Love pecan pie? These Pecan Pie Balls are so simple and packed with pecans, dates and goodness. Happy snacking for all! No bake and tastes like your favorite pie. Fuel up the tastiest way!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
This recipe was originally published March 2016. Images and copy was updated June 2020.
There is nothing like a simple, no bake and homemade snack. I love Lara Bars but I love all of my own knock off versions a hundred times better.
Dates, nuts, and a few other ingredients along with a food processor--that is all you need for a snack like these Pecan Pie Balls.
These bites are great for a grab and go and on the run kind of snack--they keep well, and last for weeks in the fridge. Make a bunch and you are set for snack time!
Medjool dates were new to me about 5 years ago, and now I can't imagine life without them. The perfect base to mix with some nuts and dried fruit for a good energy bar or bite--or ball, like this pecan version.
What you will need:
- sea salt
How to make these Pecan Pie Balls:
- Pop the pecans and almonds into the food processor and process until they become a fine grain like consistency.
- Toss in the dates, cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt. Process until a dough like consistency. This may take a few minutes and you may need to scrape the sides down. If it seems like it's not pulling together, add about 1 or 2 teaspoons of water to help it all pull together.
- Roll into balls, press a pecan on top and chill to set.
- If you have trouble rolling these pecan pie balls, pop it in the freezer for about 10 minutes or so and then try rolling them.
- You can press these into bars if you prefer.
- If you don't have enough almonds or pecans, you can technically use 2 cups of any combination of nuts.
Check out these other great snacks:
- Lemon Coconut Energy Bars
- No Bake Brownie Bites
- Blueberry Muffin Protein Bars
- Homemade Perfect Bars
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabar Bites
- Pina Colada Energy Bites
Pecan Pie Energy Bites
- In a food processor, process pecans and almonds until a fine, grain like consistency.
- Add dates, cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt and process until a dough begins to form.
- Roll the mixture into balls and then press a pecan on top of each.
- Chill for about 10 minutes or so to set.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.