Pumpkin pie for breakfast? With these simple Pumpkin Overnight Oats, a touch of cinnamon and pumpkin spice mixed with hearty oats and real pumpkin will make fall mornings extra cozy! 5 minutes of prep and breakfast is ready when you wake up!
~Same great recipe, photos updated August 2019~
I have a confession. I do NOT like Pumpkin Spice Lattes.
Nope. Not one bit. There is nothing about this girl that is into the whole PSL trend so I am sorry if that is what you were hoping for today. Now I have nothing against any and all things pumpkin pie, however, there is something about cinnamon and coffee that just doesn't do it for me.
I did my very best and waited until after Labor Day to pull out all of my fall flavors and so naturally that means pumpkin, pumpkin, and a lot more PUMPKIN.
As I was looking over all the pumpkin recipes I already have here on the blog and realized that my all time favorite dessert was missing from my extensive overnight oats list. I needed to remedy that before fall was here for real. Pumpkin pie overnight oats are what are happening now!
In all honesty, I am really not sure how I missed Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats for almost four years. It really doesn't make sense considering pumpkin pie is my favorite pie and overnight oats are my favorite breakfast of all time.
And now we have pumpkin pie!
When it comes to pumpkin pie, like the baked goodness that my grandma makes the world's best version, I prefer my ratio of whipped cream to pie a 2:1, meaning I want my layer of whipped cream to be two times as high as the actual pie.
I love my pumpkin pie, but I am not one to be seen with a naked piece of pie. Give me all the whipped cream! They were made to be together.
I am now thinking these oats are looking a little naked without a big dollop of whipped cream so I will let you remedy that when you make them for yourself, k??
These are easier than pie to make!
If you are new to the whole world of overnight oats, these pumpkin oats are, no pun intended, easy as pie.
In fact, they are even easier. You just have to mix everything up and pop these into the fridge. Nothing more!
Letting the oats soak in milk overnight softens them and allows you to skip the stove top cooking which in turn saves you lots of time. You can prep several at one time and have breakfast ready for you when you wake up in the morning.
There are sooooo many flavor options that you will never get bored. Promise! And, like with these, you get to eat a hearty bowl of oats that tastes a lot like your favorite fall dessert--won't find me arguing with that!
Do you have another sweet treat that you would also like to see as an overnight oats flavor? Let me know!
If you are brand new to overnight oats, check out this post for all the information you need to get started. Plenty of FAQs that you may have!
- I love eating my pumpkin overnight oats warmed up in the morning. Some people prefer them cold. Either is fine!
- You can make these gluten free by using gluten free rolled oats. You can use your favorite milk to make these as well, I love using either whole milk or unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Use what you have or what you love!
- If the oatmeal is too thick when you grab it from the fridge in the morning, add an extra splash of milk before serving.
On the hunt for more pumpkin and fall breakfast options? Don't worry, I have got you covered! Take a stab at one of these as well!
Check these pumpkin recipes out:
- Pumpkin Banana Overnight Oats
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Ricotta Pasta Bake
- No Bake Pumpkin Crumble Bars
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Crumble
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- ½ c rolled oats (regular or gluten free)
- ½ c vanilla unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 T pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2-3 tsp maple or sweetener of choice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
- chopped pecans for garnish (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or jar that can be sealed.
- Stir well to combine. Chill in the refrigerator overnight or at least for 4 hours.
- Eat these warmed up or cold if you are on the go!