This post may contain affiliate links.
Creamy protein packed goodness in this simple Orange Creamsicle Protein Smoothie recipe. Get the energy boost you need from this delicious treat with over 25 grams of protein that you can whip up in just 5 minutes!
What else does spring bring with it? Lots of inspiration for sure! I found myself thirsty and wanting something refreshing to quench my thirst. Quite honestly, I should probably call this a Dreamsicle instead of a Creamsicle Protein Smoothie. It is delicious and so simple
I often like to use chia seeds, Greek yogurt or even nuts to add protein to smoothies.
Why You Will Love This Orange Creamsicle Protein Smoothie:
- It tastes like a delicious nostalgic treat!
- It is packed with protein to keep you fueled.
- You can make it in just 5 minutes.
- Minimal ingredients.
- Easy to customize.
- banana: one large frozen banana, we keep tons in the freezer at all times for when we get a smoothie craving!
- orange: a nice large orange such as a navel is ideal. Remove the peel for best results however, you can add a touch of orange zest to the smoothie to rev up the orange flavor.
- milk: choose your favorite or what you have on hand. Vanilla almond milk is great. Whole, skim, 2% will work, coconut milk, and more.
- vanilla: a touch of vanilla extract gives this creamsicle smoothie a nice extra level of flavor
- protein powder: vanilla flavored for best results. Make sure you choose a protein powder you love. If the taste isn't great in general, no smoothie ingredients will mask that flavor.
- ice: only if needed! You can add a bit in if your banana is not frozen for sure. If your banana is frozen, just wait until after you blend it all up and decide if it needs thickening. You can add extra frozen banana instead of ice to thicken as well. Frozen cauliflower does great thickening smoothies, too.
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie Optional Add-Ins:
Lots of options to add more to your creamsicle smoothie to give it more nutrition or flavor. Consider any of the following:
- spinach or your favorite green
- chia seeds
- ground flax
- local honey (great for seasonal allergies!)
- pineapple for a tropical twist
- shredded coconut
- frozen cauliflower
- Greek yogurt (orange if possible!)
Other Smoothie Recipes:
- Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Mocha Shake
- Apple Spinach Smoothie
- Chocolate Raspberry Avocado Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Anti-Inflammatory Blueberry Smoothie
- Kiwi Pineapple
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for all the latest!
Creamsicle Protein Smoothie
- 1 large banana frozen
- 1 orange navel, peel removed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- ice if necessary to thicken
- 2-3 T vanilla protein powder
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately or chill for later.
Absolutely delicious!!!!!! I am actually in love with this recipe. It is easy and one of the best shakes I have ever had. Plus it is healthy! I made mine with oat milk and put coconut whipped cream on top (although it doesn't need it).
Thanks so so much Christina! So glad that you love it as much as I do!!