Fight inflammation in the most delicious with this easy anti-inflammatory blueberry smoothie recipe. Only 5 minutes to make and perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack full of berries, spinach and more!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Fresh smoothies can be great ways to fight inflammation! This anti-inflammatory blueberry smoothie adds a ton of inflammation fighting foods and spices to your diet. Fresh and simple ingredients that come together in this amazing tasting smoothie. You will love it!
So what is all of the buzz about eating foods with anti-inflammatory powers?
"Inflammation is like salt. A pinch is a good thing, but get a tad too much and it ruins everything."
Why You Will Love This Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie:
- It only takes 5 minutes to make.
- This blueberry smoothie has lots of fresh ingredients.
- It tastes amazing!
There are actually a lot of foods that are considered anti-inflammatory.
- Salmon and fatty fish: Omega-3 fatty acids fight inflammation and these fish are a great source.
- Dark, leafy greens. The list of benefits from eating your greens is so long so this just is icing on the cake, right?
- Nuts. Almonds, walnuts, pecans, cashews and more. Again, the omega-3 fatty acids are loaded in all kinds of nuts.
- Green tea
- cocoa: flavanols are responsible for fighting inflammation in cocoa and dark chocolate
- Spices: ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and more.
- Berries. These fruits are loaded with anti-oxidants as well so load up on your berries!
- Olive Oil. Many studies on the Mediterranean diet that is rich in extra virgin olive oil show the benefits when it comes to combatting inflammation.
Your body is equipped with the tools it needs to fight inflammation but when I feel like I am getting sick or things feel off, I like to add a little boost!
Anti-Inflammatory Ingredients in this Smoothie:
Blueberries, leafy greens, almond butter, cinnamon, cayenne and even the Maca powder (optional) offer anti-inflammatory qualities so you are ready for anything with this one! If you are not one for heat, lighten up on the cayenne at first but I wouldn't skip it completely, it just adds a bit of flair to the whole smoothie.
Toss everything in the blender and things will really get fired up! So go eat up and fight some inflammation!
- Frozen Banana: I am a firm believer that all smoothies need a frozen banana or some sort of frozen base to make them thick, creamy and cold. Bananas are always always in our freezer because you never know when you will crave a smoothie!
- Blueberries: I prefer frozen but fresh are great as well. I find them to have a touch more sweetness and that's what I love!
- Spinach or leafy greens: Spinach is my go to--I have never been much for kale. If kale is more your thing , then go for it!
- Almond Butter: I love adding a nut butter to most of my smoothies. Gives them a bit of bulk in my opinion.
- Almond Milk: More almonds are always a great thing in my opinion. You can certainly use your preferred milk for this blueberry smoothie.
- Cinnamon: Adds a touch of sweet spice.
- Cayenne: Cayenne makes this smoothie in my opinion. It doesn't add any flavor but a sensation of heat right along with the sweet. Don't miss out on this! But if you really really can't do the cayenne, maybe try to add some turmeric instead. Turmeric is another great spice to add into your diet!
- Maca Powder: This is totally optional.
Anti-Inflammatory Blueberry Smoothie
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.