This Strawberry Lemonade smoothie is like sunshine in a cup–light and refreshing, a simple smoothie the whole family will love with fresh strawberries and there perfect touch of lemon.
It has been raining almost nonstop since Monday and I am not sure I can take anymore! I decided to get my sunshine in a refreshing Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie and thought you may need some as well! It’s not quite the same as the real deal, but it will at least work if you close your eyes I think.
Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie: Sunshine in a cup
Siiiigh, why is my mood so impacted by the weather?! It doesn’t look like the sun is coming any soon so I will just have to keep sip, sip, sipping.
Nothing says sunshine like fresh berries and a big glass of lemonade, right? Right. I am jumping back into my own season of smoothies. Once winter hits, I don’t do a lot of them, but as soon as the slightest chance of spring starts showing itself, it’s smoothie time for this girl!
And this one is so refreshing! For a long time, I thought that smoothies were mainly a way to pack as many nutrients into one cup and swig it down. So making a pretty pastel smoothie like this one was unheard of because it doesn’t have any greens.
Well, that rule is so loooong gone. Smoothies can actually taste like a sweet refreshing drink and not have any spinach, kale or any hailed superfoods. Geez, some of the rules I used to live by!
Strawberry and lemon together is my favorite combo right below blueberry and lemon. I have quite a few blueberry lemon flavored recipes including Blueberry Lemon Coconut Overnight Oats and guess what? If you like strawberries better, you could easily swap and have another strawberry lemon combo! If energy bites are your thing, Blueberry Lemon Energy Bites are a hit with my family, every single time.
As for strawberry lemon combos, I need to step up my game because the only other recipe on the blog with this combo is a Strawberry Lemon Balsamic Dressing, which don’t get me wrong, it’s delish. At least now you have two to decide from!
Something I learned when making this and another recipe coming up: lemon yogurt is harder to find than it used to be. I feel like every brand always had a lemon version, but that does not seem to be the case anymore. Is it a dying breed?! It’s one of my favorites to add into recipes!
I mean, technically if you can’t find it, you can always add a touch of zest and some sweetener to plain yogurt and be fine. Try that for this one in case you have issues finding some!
Here’s to sunny days ahead–hopefully you will be sipping this sunny strawberry lemonade smoothie while relaxing in the sunshine as well–just make sure to wear your sunscreen!
What you need to make this Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie:
- Frozen Banana: Always, always always have these on standby for all your smoothie needs!
- Strawberries: Fresh of frozen is fine. I use frozen most often because I like the thickness frozen fruit adds to a smoothie.
- Your favorite milk: Sometimes I use whole, sometimes I use almond, it depends on what is available or what I need to use up!
- Lemon Yogurt: This is my non-negotiable in this recipe. If you use another yogurt, it won’t have the same pizazz. However, I don’t want you skipping the smoothie all together if you are out so use strawberry or even vanilla if you don’t have lemon yogurt readily available.
- Lemon Zest: Keep that lemon flavor coming!
- Flax: This is totally optional. I like to add it to smoothies sometimes–adds some extra fiber and goodness.
Check out these other smoothie recipes:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Coffee Smoothie
- Anti-Inflammatory Blueberry Smoothie
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (you will love this one come fall!)
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie with a Kick
Strawberry Lemonade Smoothie
- 2/3 c milk of choice regular or dairy free
- 1/2 c lemon yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 c strawberries frozen or fresh
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 T flax
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- If not using any frozen fruit, add several ice cubes before blending.)