Dinner on one pan? Yes! This simple Parmesan Crusted Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is easy to toss together and clean up is a breeze. Crispy roasted potatoes, garlic green beans and juicy, parmesan crusted chicken is a meal everyone will be begging for!
I love love LOVE sheet pan dinners. They are my favorite way to get a whole meal into the fam–well aside from delivery of course.
In my dreams, I have someone who stays in my kitchen and does my dishes for me all day long. Cleans up the kitchen immediately following my every move.
The answer is always: Sheet Pan Dinners
Unfortunately, it is only in my dreams. So I must find sneaky ways to make as little dirty dishes as possible each and every moment of my life. The answer is always SHEET PAN DINNERS.
I am currently OBSESSED with this Parmesan Crusted Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner. I can’t even begin to tell you how amazing it is. The chicken has this perfect juicy crunch–with all the garlic and parmesan I love. This is my husband’s new favorite dinner recipe and yet he always tells me he is not a fan of parmesan. Hmmmm.
The perfect chicken sheet pan dinner all made to order includes:
- Chicken Breasts tossed in olive oil, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, minced garlic, salt and pepper. (YUM.)
- Quartered Red Potatoes also tossed in garlic, parmesan, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Fresh Green Beans–tossed in garlic, salt and pepper–and if you are like me, more parmesan. However, I get that for some, that may be a bit much, so extra parm on the green beans is optional.
Wanna know what else is amazing about this parmesan crusted chicken dinner?
I only used one bowl to toss everything in. So once again, I am ALWAYS finding ways to make less cleaning a thing.
And how did I do such a thing? First, I tossed the potatoes in all the goodness and then lined them up on the sheet pan. Then I popped the chicken in the same bowl–bonus, it just adds any left behind parmesan to the chicken. I tossed the chicken in all the parmesan and breadcrumb deliciousness.
Before I moved on to the green beans, I did rinse the bowl out–didn’t really want to spread anything from the chicken to the green beans. One bowl, all three parts of the recipe. Are you catching my vibe yet??
No. More. Dishes. PLEASE.
Let’s talk about what you are going to need to make this Parmesan Crusted Chicken Dinner:
It’s actually a pretty short list considering this is one heck of a dinner.
- chicken breast
- green beans
- red potatoes
- olive oil
Notes for making this Parmesan Crusted Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner:
- The biggest thing that will vary this recipe for most of us will be the thickness and size of your chicken breasts. While the going time for a chicken breast at 425°F is about 25 minutes, not all pieces of chicken are created equal. If your chicken seems super large or thick, plan for some extra time. The chicken breasts I used were fairly average sized in my mind, but like I said, no two chickens are alike!
- The potatoes need extra time to cook so you add those to the pan first. The chicken and the green beans should cook at a pretty similar pace. If the green beens seem to be cooking too quickly, you can remove them from the pan early.
- Sooooo, don’t be a dummy like me. I used a smaller sheet pan to make the pan look full for photos. The pan was super crowded. Use a larger sheet pan (about 10×15) or if you don’t have a larger one, use two if possible. The more you spread the potatoes out so they aren’t touching, the crispier they will be!
- Salt and pepper is really however you prefer. I always season my chicken with a decent amount of pepper and a pinch of salt or so. You don’t have to go all in from the get fo, feel free to add in more at the end!
- The bottom of the chicken is not as crispy as the top will get. You can use a rack on your sheet pan to allow any moisture to fall below versus staying on the chicken.
- Don’t like green beans or not in the mood? You can easily sub broccoli and it should come out just fine!
TRY THESE OTHER SHEET PAN DINNERS AND SIMPLE MEALS:
- PARMESAN CRUSTED STEAK AND POTATO SHEET PAN DINNER
- HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN SHEET PAN DINNER
- BAKED CASHEW CHICKEN
- BAKED ORANGE CHICKEN SHEET PAN DINNER
- SWEET AND SMOKY SHEET PAN CHICKEN FAJITAS
- EASY CHICKEN STUFFED POBLANO PEPPERS
- 15 MINUTE SHEET PAN STEAK AND BROCCOLI
- SIMPLE GROUND TURKEY PEPPER SKILLET DINNER
- ROASTED SWEET POTATO SHEET PAN NACHOS
- CHICKEN WITH MANGO SALSA
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
Parmesan Crusted Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
For the Chicken:
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast (about 3-4 pieces)
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 c grated parmesan
- 1/3 c breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp sea salt
For the Potatoes:
- 2 lb red potatoes, but into bite sized pieces (if small quartered, larger potatoes will be cut into 6ths or 8ths even)
- 1 – 2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Green Beans:
- 1 lb fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 T parmesan (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment for easier cleaning or spray with cooking oil. In a medium bowl, toss all ingredients for potatoes together and stir well to evenly coat. Spread the potatoes on 1/3 of the pan and place in oven for about 10-15 minutes. (if you like your potatoes nice and browned, go with the extra five minutes.)
- While potatoes are cooking, toss all ingredients for chicken in the same bowl and coat all the chicken well. Remove the pan with the potatoes and add the chicken. Place in oven while you toss everything together for the green beans and add them to the pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. For extra crispy potatoes, turn the oven to broil on high for 4-5 more minutes if desired.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes before serving. Enjoy!