Simple, sticky sweet goodness in a simple and delicious chicken sheet pan dinner. This Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe is so easy to make, plenty of vegetables and with some minute rice, dinner will be ready in no time!
Honey Garlic Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
The inventor of the sheet pan dinner should very well be my best friend. I cannot get enough of these easy and delicious one pan meals.
I despise doing extra dishes for any reason so that is very well the main reason I love this Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe along with any other of its kind.
So here’s to another simple dinner to go on the dinner rotation! Cook up the chicken and veggies, toss it over some rice and you are SET!
Toward the end of the summer, I was making Chicken Kabobs and wanted something different to marinade the chicken in. Some Pinterest searching brought me to this One Pan Honey Garlic Chicken from the Busy Baker.
It was not a kabob recipe but the sauce sounded simple and delicious so I tossed together most of the ingredients, made a few small modifications and dinner that night was perfect if you ask me!
A Sauce worth repeating
You better believe a variation of this sticky sweet sauce had to become part of a recipe for the blog as well! The sauce itself is perfect because I can almost guarantee you have pretty much everything you need in the pantry or fridge right now!
We all know that feeling, don’t we?? Searching along on the internet for some dinner inspiration only to be disheartened when the recipe we want would require a grocery trip.
More than likely that is not necessary here!
This Honey Garlic Marinade is just a few ingredients away from being ready.
All you need is:
- soy sauce
- salt and pepper
Raise your hand if you have it all. I do. I do!
There are a couple of bonuses that make this Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe even easier:
- Meal Prepping: If you are a meal prepper, this is a perfect recipe to get ready ahead of time. Whether it is at the beginning of the week or just the beginning of the day, doing anything ahead of time makes tossing this chicken dinner together all the easier. You can toss the chicken in the sauce and let it marinate all day and cut the veggies to save time when things get crazy around dinner.
- Rice: Soooooo many options to cut out lots of time when it comes to rice. My favorite convenience is minute rice. If you have a big crew to feed, I know that is not always the most cost effective. You can get cooked rice in the freezer aisle as well. And if you are a meal prepper as noted above, why not just cook a bunch of rice in the beginning of the week? You will be so glad you did!
- I am not above pre-cut veggies either. Sometimes that is just all the energy you have. I will draw the line at pre-peeled bananas (yes I saw this once and lost it.) but sometimes I know we all have those days. So if you buy pre-cut peppers, buy pre-cut peppers.
- Pro-Tip: If your grocery has a salad bar, grab sliced peppers there!
What kind of chicken to use for this Honey Garlic chicken Sheet Pan Dinner:
I opted for boneless chicken thighs. They are budget friendly and sometimes the same old chicken breast gets old.
Also, chicken breasts tend to come in so many different sizes that it can be hard to really nail cooking time on chicken breast recipes overall. Thighs tend to be slightly more universal from my own experience.
If you prefer breasts, I am sure they would work as well for this recipe, but the cook time will vary and I have yet to test this one with chicken breasts–don’t worry I am sure the time will come!
Try these other sheet pan dinners and simple meals:
- Parmesan Crusted Steak and Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
- Baked Orange Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Baked Cashew Chicken
- Sweet and Smoky Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Easy Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- 15 Minute Sheet Pan Steak and Broccoli
- Simple Ground Turkey Skillet Dinner
- Roasted Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Nachos
- Chicken with Mango Salsa
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
Honey Garlic Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1/2 c ketchup
- 2/3 c honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c soy sauce tamari for gluten free
- 1 T melted butter
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- salt to taste
- sesame seeds optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ketchup, honey, garlic, soy sauce, pepper, butter and salt to taste. Place chicken thighs in the sauce and toss to coat. While chicken sits in sauce, remove stems and seeds from peppers and slice thinly.
- Place chicken on a parchment lined or oiled baking pan. Toss peppers quickly in remaining sauce and spread them evenly around the chicken. If you have anymore sauce, spread it on chicken.
- Bake for about 25 – 30 minutes or until chicken meets an internal temperature of 165°F.
- When removing from oven, there will be some excess liquid. Carefully drain that into the sink if desired.
- Serve on top of rice and enjoy! Top with sesame seeds if desired.