This tropical Kiwi Pineapple Smoothie is thick and creamy and so delicious, and not to mention nutritious! Bring the tropical island flavors right to wherever you are when you whip up this 5 minute refreshing smoothie!
Why You Will Love This Pineapple Kiwi Smoothie:
- It's so refreshing.
- Packed with greens and nutrients.
- Easy to make in just a few minutes.
- Simple to vary.
- kiwi: fresh kiwi, skin removed. You can freeze the kiwi to make this pineapple kiwi smoothie colder and thicker if preferred. You can buy frozen kiwi slices in the freezer section at the grocery now, but sometimes they are hard to come by.
- pineapple: fresh pineapple is strongly suggested over canned. The flavor will be so much better. You can also use frozen pineapple for that super cold, thick smoothie, but it is also not necessary as long as you have frozen banana.
- banana: frozen for best results. Wait until the bananas are browning and then break into chunks and freeze for easier break down in the blender.
- milk: any milk you prefer will work--regular, almond, oat milk, and more. I like to use vanilla almond milk.
- spinach: fresh greens and you can go all in with large handfuls because it breaks down a lot. You can use fresh kale if preferred.
- chia seeds: Optional but a way to add a touch more fiber and protein.
How To Make It:
Not a whole lot to making this kiwi smoothie! Just add everything to the blender and blend. For best results, add the milk or liquid first and then top with the other ingredients.
If your smoothie comes out a bit too thin, add more frozen banana and blend or several ice cubes. If it is too thick, add more milk.
- Make sure to use a high powered blender. For best results, use a strong blender or smoothie maker. I don't recommend a food processor for smoothies. There are lots of great blenders our there now.
- Storing leftovers: if you have leftovers, you can freeze them in an air tight freezer safe container for up to 2 months. Allow it to thaw in the refrigerator before serving. You can even eat it with a spoon like ice cream!
Kiwi Pineapple Smoothie Add-Ins:
You can add some other ingredients to change up this smoothie or to add more to it. Any of these would be great!
- protein powder
- collagen peptides
- shredded coconut
- ground flax
- hemp seeds
- vanilla extract
Other Smoothie Recipes:
- Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Mocha Smoothie
- Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie
- Apple Pie Green Smoothie
- Creamsicle Protein Smoothie
Pineapple Kiwi Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk (plus more if needed)
- 3 handfuls spinach
- 2 kiwi peeled
- 2 c pineapple chunks
- 1 ½ frozen banana
- 1 ½ T chia seeds
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender.
- Blend until smooth. Adjust the thickness by adding more banana if too thin, or add more milk if too thick. Ice cubes can also add thickness and make it colder if necessary.
- Serve immediately!