Need a quick weeknight dinner? Try these Vegan Black Bean Quesadillas--fresh avocado, black beans, corn, cilantro and spices. This recipe is so simple and ready in no time. Dairy free for those who may need it!
Dinner in a minute? Just about with these simple vegan black bean Quesadillas!
Quick weeknight dinners are what I am always happy to find recipes for. I have been trying some things with different quesadilla combinations and so now I think I have found my newest obsession in these vegan black bean quesadillas with allllll the avocado.
Quesadillas are so versatile and they are so much more than chicken and cheese!
These Vegan Black Bean Quesadillas actually hit it off quite well with my husband even without the meat. So that is like a triple bonus in my house.
Usually the first question is. "Where's the meat?" And so when I didn't hear that after he ate these, I knew these were a winner in a big way.
I didn't use any cheese in these as the creaminess of the avocado was perfect and I didn't want to take aways from that flavor. But honestly, I think some cheese would still be quite nice in these!
This recipe itself is perfect for 2 but can easily be doubled and tripled to feed the whole crew if you need to. They are ready in no time at all. I used the large burrito size tortillas but you can use smaller sizes and also gluten free if needed. Enjoy!
Some things to note about this recipe:
- First off, I know these are not technically quesadillas since they don't have cheese. By all means, add some cheese as well! The first time I made these I just went with the avocado and was in love. But I do toss in some cheese on occasion as well!
- Make sure your avocados are nice and ripe. You should be able to easily squeeze them and feel softness when you do so. If they are not ripe enough, this recipe won't be as great. Promise.
- Want yours spicy? Add in some diced jalapeño! Give it a kick!
- Gently cut them as the avocado mixture tends to come out the sides if you press down too hard. It just makes for a big old mess. A tasty one though!
- I have also sautéed the onion, corn and black beans for just a minute or so before adding them to the avocado mixture and thought it was delish. But that certainly adds another step, so if you are low on time, just skip it.
Love these avocado quesadillas? Try these Black Bean and Kale Quesadillas! Also, these Almond Butter Banana Breakfast Quesadillas are top notch for sure!
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
Vegan Black Bean Avocado Quesadillas
- 2 large burrito sized tortillas whole wheat or gluten free if desired
- 2 very ripe avocado
- ½ c precooked black beans rinsed
- ¼ c corn
- 2 T diced red onion
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- Handful chopped cilantro
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- olive oil
- In a small mixing bowl, mash avocado. Add in garlic, sea salt, pepper, lime juice and red pepper and stir.
- Add in cilantro, beans, corn, and onion. Stir to combine.
- Heat 1 T olive oil in a skillet. While heating up, spoon half of the avocado mixture on half of a tortilla. Fold over to close. Repeat with other tortilla. You are ready to heat these up!
- Heat one side of the quesadilla in the pan until becomes browned.
- Flip and heat other side until browned.
- Repeat with second tortilla.
- Enjoy immediately with a side of salsa or Greek yogurt and a cilantro garnish if desired.