This post may contain affiliate links.
This Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough is a simple and quick snack to whip up that everyone will enjoy! A fun way to add some chickpeas into your day and packed with peanut butter and chocolate chips. Creamy goodness you literally have to taste to believe!
Eating cookie dough was probably close to a cardinal sin in our household growing up due to the raw egg and now the flour, but I am pretty sure that never kept us from sneaking a spoonful (sorry mom!), or ten, ha!
And as a grown up, nothing has changed, I still want to lick the bowl!
Why You Will Love This Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough:
- It's ready in about 5 minutes.
- It's SOOOOO good.
- A great way to add beans into your diet.
- Super kid friendly
- A protein packed snack!
- chickpeas: these should be from a can or cooked and cooled.
- peanut butter: use your favorite peanut butter--creamy, crunchy, natural or regular.
- maple syrup: My preferred liquid sweetener hands down, every time. You could opt for honey, agave or another liquid sweetener you may love.
- vanilla: vanilla extract instead of imitation for the best flavor
- milk: vanilla almond milk is my favorite if making this chickpea cookie dough vegan. If not, you can use whole, skim or whatever. It helps adjust the thickness of the cookie dough.
- sea salt: just a touch is all you need!
- chocolate chips: I prefer mini chocolate chips in this chickpea cookie dough recipe however, you could use regular sized. Any will work, dark chocolate, white chocolate, etc.
I made this for a vegan friend who wanted a snack that was fun and tasty and would also fill her up. I have to say this is all of the above and more! Assuming that you agree??
You don't have to make it vegan, it's great anyway. Use regular chocolate chips with milk as well as your favorite milk, it doesn't have to be a milk alternative by any means!
Is this cookie dough safe to eat?
Absolutely 100% YES! Recently, I have noticed it is not recommended to eat uncooked flour. Since this cookie dough recipe doesn't contain any flour, then you should pretty much be all good and in the clear!
Do you have to use chickpeas?
Well, if you want it to be chickpea cookie dough then I assume you would want to use them. However, it is not necessary. Any mild, light colored bean such as northern or cannelloni beans may work as well.
I don't think you would want to use any colored bean as it will not really look like cookie dough then. The use of chickpeas makes the color similar to traditional cookie dough.
How to enjoy this Chickpea Cookie Dough:
- Straight from the spoon. Works for me every single time!
- Spread on graham crackers, pretzels, or even a strawberry.
- Roll the dough into little chickpea cookie dough balls. You can then toss them into some ice cream to make homemade cookie dough ice cream or take them as a simple snack wherever you are headed.
- Not gonna lie, I have actually spread a little onto a bar like a Lara Bar and I was not disappointed!
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for all the latest!
Vegan Chickpea Cookie Dough
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed
- ⅓ c maple syrup
- ½ c peanut butter (or any nut or seed butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 T vanilla almond milk (or any milk will work)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 T mini chocolate chips
- Add all ingredients except milk and chocolate chips and process until smooth and thick. Slowly add in milk if necessary. Add in more sweetener if desired.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- No need to wait, eat it by the spoonful now!
- Store in the fridge!
Delicious and great for satisfying your sweet tooth. The only change I’d suggest is add the maple syrup to taste. 1/3 of a cup will be too sweet for some!
Agree--some like it much sweeter! So glad you loved this, Heather!
Hi, when it says process does that mean mix all ins good proccesir ir mix with hand blender?
Tyyy can’t wait to try this
Hi! It means with the food processor, hope that helps!
malka slater says
thanks!!!! bout to make these!
Very good. I didn’t put enough salt in at first. Tasted better after I sprinkled some pink Himalayan salt over the “dough”.
So glad you loved it! Yes, it surely needs a bit of salt and just the right touch of sweet. Thanks so much for sharing!
I love this recipe! I have a really similar one with white beans and I swear my family can never tell the difference! I love adding a nut butter for a little more flavor, genius! They should call you Lorie Crocker ????!
Haaaa Lorie Crocker, that’s amazing. So glad you love one of our family faves!
Hi I was wondering what’s the nutrition label for this?
Hi Ava! Just added them. You should be all set now!
I love this recipe!! Such a healthy alternative to one of my favorite desserts, thanks for sharing. How long will this last in the fridge?
yay! so I think this will last about 5 days or so!
Sometimes I'm shocked at the versitility of the humble chickpea. lol Will have to give this recipe a go!
Ha, couldn't agree more, Carri!