Street Corn is the ultimate summer side dish. This simple recipe is a fun spin on traditional street corn and is smothered in a garlic and feta herbed butter. Add this to all of your summer picnics and it will certainly be a hit!
Two words: Street Corn
I remember one festival Anthony and I attended the first summer we were married. I was so pumped because I assumed it meant I would be getting a perfectly grilled and smothered cob of corn. To my dismay, this festival did not have corn--WHAT?! No corn???
Anthony thought I was nuts, but all I could talk about was the corn I was craving. And corn cravings don't go away until you have yourself a big old crunchy cob.
A few weeks later, the church up the street had their summer festival. Of course I hadn't forgotten about the corn fiasco from earlier. To my delight, there was corn and so I happily double fisted and carried a cob in each hand and crunched the buttery goodness and got a nice big corn toothed smile in the process.
Summer was made for corn on the cob
What is summer without corn on the cob, right? And while I am certainly one to enjoy a good cob with nothing more than a dash of salt and pepper, I am happy to smother mine with all of the goodness I possibly can!
Traditional Mexican street corn is smothered with cojita cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, and spices, I am flexing my food blogger license (that has to be a thing right??) and calling mine a Street Corn recipe as well. There are seasonings and cheese, as well as grilled corn, but I don't have mayo or sour cream on mine. I hope this is ok with you. To be fair, it doesn't matter what you call it cause this corn recipe is G-O-O-D with a capital G!
What to serve with this Street Corn with Garlic Feta Butter:
- Instant Pot Carnitas--one of my very favorite ways to enjoy corn on the cob! I thought the garlic feta may be an odd combo with carnitas, but it really was soooo good!
- Burgers!!! These Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers were born for this street corn recipe! Another favorite are my Black Bean Burgers!
- Anything that includes grilling--anything!
- Another perfect side to go with the full meal is these Smoky Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- A big dinner salad such as this Strawberry Goat Cheese Arugula Salad with Pretzel Crusted Chicken--together you have got a summer dinner for sure.
- You can toss an extra ear of corn on the grill and use it to make this Simple Summer Pasta Salad with Grilled Zucchini!
Some things to note about this Street Corn with Garlic Feta Butter:
- On the grill is my preference but you can also roast these in the oven. I mean, sometimes storms happen but you still need your street corn, right!? Or seriously, cook it your favorite way--just make sure to add plenty of the feta butter!
- You can prep the Garlic feta butter a day or two in advance if desired.
- I don't use foil when grilling or roasting corn as I prefer it a bit more browned. You could cover yours in foil if preferred.
- You could cut the corn off the cob and toss it with the butter if that worked better for you or whoever you may be serving. I know corn on the cob isn't always the best way to eat for everyone.
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
Street Corn with Garlic Feta Butter
- 8 ears of corn, husk and silks removed
- ¼ c butter, softened
- ½ c feta cheese crumbles
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium. Place ears of corn directly over heat and rotate a bout every 2 or 3 minutes until corn is evenly browned. Remove when all sides are evenly cooked (about 12 minutes). (If roasting, set oven to 400°F and add corn to oven either on parchment lined pan or directly on rack and roast about 25 minutes, flipping one or two times.)
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, feta, garlic, parsley, red pepper, and a pinch of cracked pepper.
- When corn has cooled enough to be able to touch, season with desired amount of salt and then smother those cobs with the Garlic Feta Butter and add a sprinkle of extra chopped parsley for garnish if desired. Enjoy!
Yum! I have yet to make a street corn recipe, but this sounds so amazing! Perfect for Summer!!!
Super 5 star delish omg super good!!! Must try!!!
Yay! That makes me so happy!!
Julie @ Running in a Skirt says
Ohhhh I bet the corn and feta taste amazing together! What a perfect combo for the warmer weather.
It is one heck of a combo—you are right!!
Ooooo what a fabulous topping for corn. This is going to be a crowd pleaser at summer BBQs!
Couldn’t agree more. Thanks Kelly!
Abbey Sharp says
Oooh this is genius! I've never had feta on grilled cob, so I am so excited to try this recipe!
Game changer for me—promise. Enjoy abbey!
Deborah Brooks says
We are huge street corn fans over here too! This looks like a yummy way to enjoy it thanks for sharing
Really can’t go wrong with Street corn right?!!