Fresh avocado, juicy mango, cilantro and more make this simple fresh salsa a great addition to any meal or a delicious snack. This Mango Avocado Salsa is an easy way to add some extra flavor to your day!
Spice up your summer with this Mango Avocado Salsa
Things are heating up this weekend, looks like summer is coming in hot! Tis the season for BBQs, nights on the patio, bathing suits and more. When it comes to BBQs, you never want to show up empty handed, right? And you also want to bring something that is guaranteed to be gone in a flash—yea, a little bit of ego is nice every now and then, right?
This Mango Avocado Salsa is what you will want to show up with this summer. A little bit of sweet with a little bit of heat makes this the perfect combination. And did I mention how easy this is to toss together?
I have brought this mango avocado salsa to my fair share of cookouts. I swear, every time I tell myself, next time I better make more. And then “next time” comes and I realize I still didn’t make enough. But when avocado is involved, that just goes without saying, right?
You can use fresh mangoes, however sometimes they just aren’t ripe in the time you need them. In that case, thaw frozen mango chunks and then cut into smaller pieces. If you are not a big fan of heat, opt for a green chile instead of a jalapeño.
Either is just fine. Other than that, get ready to scoop this up chip by chip! Or, scoop it over a nice piece of grilled salmon! The choice is yours!
What you need to make this recipe:
- Red Onion
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Lime Juice
- Salt and Pepper
A lot of these ingredients are always in the house which is why I love it. Right now I tend to have mangoes on hand at all times. However, if not, I tend to have frozen mango in the freezer so I am still good to make this salsa at just about any time.
And don’t feel like you have to stay in the box of chips and salsa with this one. There are a lot of options and fun ways to enjoy this recipe beyond the chip. (Don’t worry, I still think that the chips are necessary and should be an optional at all times!)
How to serve this recipe:
- Obviously always make sure there are chips nearby for this dip!
- I love this Mango Avocado Salsa on top of grilled chicken. It is the perfect compliment to any grilled meat. Shrimp is great too with this salsa.
- Up for a salsa bar? Pair it with this Roasted Tomato Salsa and a few other faves!
- Add it on top of a taco salad. It will be a perfect dinner!
- Add this also into these Simple Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls. It will kick them up a notch.
- Speaking of taco night–oh wait, I didn’t say a thing about tacos. Oh well, now that we have tacos on the brain, add some mango avocado salsa to these Instant Pot Carnitas. Again, keep chips on the side as well!
Check out these other dip recipes:
- 5 Minute Blueberry Cheesecake Dip
- Cowboy Caviar with Avocado
- Spicy Mango Guacamole
- Vegan Chickpea “Tuna” Salad
- Chocolate Sea Salt Hummus
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 3 c mango diced
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 jalapeño or green chile seeded and diced
- 1 lime
- 1/4 c diced red onion
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Remove skin from avocado and cut into small bite sized pieces.
- Add to medium mixing bowl.
- Combine avocado, mango, onion, and jalapeño (or chile) and gently stir to combine.
- Add juice of lime, olive oil, red wine vinegar, crushed red pepper, sea salt and pepper and stir to coat.
- Add in cilantro and stir to combine.
- Chill for about 15 minutes or longer before serving.