Simple, thick and creamy–this Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip is made with Greek Yogurt and only a few other simple ingredients and is whipped up in no time. Use it to dip fresh fruit–especially apples, pretzels, graham crackers and more!
I am heading off the grid for a week for some very much needed R&R. I cannot wait!
But I also did not want to leave you hanging for a whole week with nothing at all. So I am just sending a couple recipes out over the next week. Nothing too crazy, just some simple tasty goodness still to be shared!
Apples and peanut butter have been my obsession lately. Imagine anything with peanut butter would be may favorite, ha! I jazzed up my plain old dollop of peanut butter recently to make this rich and creamy dip that everyone can enjoy!
Oh and this is just fine also by the spoonful if you are not in the mood for any sort of dipping.
Why do I love this Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip so much??
Aside from the fact that it is sooooo easy, it is also packed with protein– and not to mention flavor. Let’s be honest, if it doesn’t taste good, I don’t care about any amount of protein!
You can also take this yogurt dip to the next level of whipped goodness by breaking out the mixer and whipping it around for a bit. This is not necessary to enjoy this yogurt dip, but I suggest you try it this way at least once. Ok?
What I love to dip in this Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip:
(Aside from a spoon, that is!)
- graham crackers (more importantly, chocolate covered grahams!)
- giant marshmallows
- dark chocolate
I am sure this list could go on. What are your thoughts? What will you be dipping in this whip, creamy goodness?
What you will need to make this Greek Yogurt Dip:
- Greek yogurt: you can opt for plain or vanilla. I really like the vanilla for something a bit sweeter at times but the plain is great as well. If you use vanilla, adjust the amount of maple to your liking as it may be sweet enough without it.
- peanut butter: I use the natural creamy peanut butter–yes, the kind you have to stir which can be a bit of work. But that kind of peanut butter is so much easier to mix in to recipes like this. If you use a no stir peanut butter, you may just want to use the mixer for sure to whip this dip up.
- maple syrup: my faaaaave liquid sweetener. You could use honey or another liquid sweetener. You could also get really crazy and use some powdered sugar in this recipe. Yummmmm.
- vanilla: add just a touch for even more flavor
- optional ingredients: mini chocolate chips or cocoa powder. Sometimes I top the dip with one of these options when I want to jazz it up.
Things to note about this Peanut Butter Dip:
- As I mentioned before, you don’t have to use a hand mixer to whip this dip, but it is most certainly a great option. I have made it both ways and the days I don’t get out the mixer are the days I just don’t want to clean another dish or make another mess. And that is seriously ok.
- This peanut butter yogurt dip makes an amazing pancake and waffle topper as well. Consider yourself informed!
- Do you have to use Greek Yogurt? If you want this dip to be super thick, then yes. If you use regular yogurt it will be much more runny and you will not have the thick, whipped texture.
- You can most certainly add a tablespoon or two into the mix to make this a peanut butter CHOCOLATE yogurt dip.
Check out these other delicious dips and snacks:
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip
- 1 c plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/3 c natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 T maple syrup more to desired sweetness
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Stir together well or use a hand mixer to whip together for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Adjust maple syrup to taste.
- Cut up fruit of choice, add a light dusting of cocoa powder, chocolate chips or extra peanut butter drizzle if desired and enjoy!