These Chunky Monkey Oatmeal Bites are the perfect peanut butter snack for when you have ripe bananas to use up. These simple oat bites won’t last long though!
Bananas, nuts and chocolate, oh my! I just realized that I am leaving you with a lot of banana inspired recipes while I am away! I guess I just had a lot of ripe bananas around the house. I am always playing around with no bake oatmeal bites that can hold a candle to my favorite recipe yet, my No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites, but not much has really been close. Like I said, I have had a lot of extra bananas that needed to be used and so I played around with them for this recipe to create these Chunky Monkey Oatmeal Bites.
Peanut butter or almond butter can really work easily for the recipe. I could eat either one smothered on a banana any day so these bites are a bit inspired by this love I would say. No baking required and it’s easy as mash, stir and roll. Can’t go wrong with that, right? This week I also talked about the power of chia seeds, so add these to the mix as well. I considered adding shredded coconut to these but ended up not doing so. If you add some, let me know how it tastes! So if you are tired of the same old peanut butter oatmeal bites, give these a shot to get crazy and shake things up!
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 3/4 cup rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1/3 cup all natural creamy peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup ground flaxmeal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plus 1-2 T maple syrup or honey
- 1 T mini chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, mash banana completely.
- Stir in peanut butter, maple/honey, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Let chill for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
- Roll into bite sized balls and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator.