Get all of the flavor of freshly baked banana bread from these No Bake Banana Bread Bites but in only a fraction of the amount of time it takes to bake! Banana bread ready in minutes!
No Bake Banana Bread packed into perfect little bites
Is there anything better than the smell of warm banana bread baking in the oven? Of course there is! Eating warm banana bread straight from the oven, that’s what’s better! While baking is definitely something I like to do, I don’t always have the time. Sometimes, I want banana bread and I want it NOW. Well, I am happy to say that I have the answer to this necessity and it is delicious.
I feel like sweet breads always have some sort of memory attached to them. For me, it’s really zucchini bread but banana bread is right up there with it. The smell of the bread baking brings back memories of my grandma. It also reminds me of the times I used to help my mom make it and then later making it on my own. I had the recipe memorized. The farmer up the street would bring us enormous zucchinis from his garden and we would get to making loaf after loaf of bread. Sitting at the dinner table and enjoying a piece with fresh butter was perfection. Yep, food can definitely spark the light of old times. So if you are up for a trip down memory lane, these bites may certainly do the trick.
Banana Bread in half the time!
These no bake banana bread bites are quick and simple to make but with all the dreaminess of real banana bread. The sweetness of the ripened banana allows the recipe to remain only sweetened by fruit so no honey or maple syrup necessary. There is plenty of protein packed in these small bite sized dreams from the walnuts, almonds and oats. These can easily be made gluten free by using gluten free oats. I considered adding raisins to the recipe but decided against it in the end. You are welcome to add them in though! Happy “baking!”
What you need to make these No Bake Banana Bread Bites:
- almonds (note: any combo of nuts can work really. I have used pecans and cashews as well)
- rolled oats
- very ripe banana: make sure its really nice and brown on the peel!
- medjool dates: make sure they are medjool dates, these are much larger than other dates
- sea salt
If you love no bake bites and energy bites, check out a few of my favorites:
- No Bake Blueberry Lemon Energy Bites–these are hands down one of my very favorites–aside from these banana bread bites, of course!
- Pecan Pie Energy Bites–did someone say pie?!
- German Chocolate Cake Balls
No Bake Banana Bread BitesPrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1 very ripe banana
- 5-6 medjool dates pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 T cinnamon more to taste
- dash of sea salt
- In a food processor, combine walnuts, pecans and oats until a fine, grainy texture.
- Add dates, banana, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon and combine until a dough starts to form.
- Roll into bite sized balls.
- Refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes to set.