This simple Cauliflower Rice Salad is packed with black beans, peppers, corn veggies and more. A delicious side dish that can be tossed together in just 15 minutes. Add some chicken and avocado to make it a full meal!
I had some extra cauliflower recently that was on it's way to going bad. I didn't want to roast it or eat it with hummus and I had already had several batches of my Buffalo Cauliflower, so I decided to shake things up and do something I had never done before: make cauliflower rice and add it to a salad.
And, well, the results were everything I dreamed of and more. This Black Bean + Cauliflower Rice Salad is going to be your new favorite salad to tote along to your BBQ's this summer.
It has just the right amount of spice and takes your typical black bean salad to the next level with the addition of the cauliflower rice. If you want to make it even better, add cubed avocado when you serve it. Oh. My. Goodness. It's amazing!
If you have never made cauliflower rice before it's really simple. You add cauliflower florets to a food processor or blender and pulse until the cauliflower becomes a rice-like texture. It's really versatile so don't let this be the only recipe you use it with!
Ingredients to make this cauliflower rice salad:
- black beans
- red bell pepper
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- You can easily find riced cauliflower at the grocery these days. Feel free to grab a bag instead of the whole cauliflower. I prefer the fresh versus frozen in this cauliflower rice recipe though.
- I often add avocado to this recipe as well. Pairs so perfectly with all of the flavors.
- You can sub a milder pepper for the jalapeño if you don't want too much spice. A poblano might be nice as well.
Other Salad recipes:
- Watermelon Avocado Salad
- Lemon Orzo Salad
- Mixed Berry Spring Salad
- Spinach Mandarin Salad
- Strawberry Summer Quinoa Salad
Black Bean + Cauliflower Rice Salad
- 1 small head cauliflower approx. 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 can or 2 cups black beans rinsed (pre-cooked)
- 1 red bell pepper
- ½ c mukimame
- ½ c corn kernels frozen organic if possible
- 1 small jalepeño or green chile optional
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 -3 garlic cloves minced
- ⅓ c chopped cilantro
- 3 T red wine vinegar
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Dice red pepper, remove seeds from chile or jalepeño and dice. Add to mixing bowl.
- Rinse cauliflower and remove florets from stem. Add to food processor. Pulse cauliflower until the size of rice. (you can also do this in a blender on a very low speed.)
- Add the cauliflower to the mixing bowl along with corn, mukimame, black beans, garlic and stir to combine.
- Add oil, vinegar, crushed red pepper, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to coat and combine.
- Chill for about 15 minutes before serving to really allow flavor to set.
- Serve with cubed avocado if desired.