This post is sponsored by the National Peanut Board. I received compensation, but all opinions and content are my own.
I am back with another amazing peanut butter recipe–are your surprised? You shouldn’t be. You know peanut butter is what I do best.
Excited to partner up with the National Peanut Board once again to bring you another delicious peanut butter filled recipe!
And it’s what will make your summer all the tastier!
Summer is the season of no fuss recipes!
You might be wondering,Honey, overnight oats are the best back to school recipes, so why are we kicking off summer with these Peanut Butter Cheesecake Overnight Oats?
My response? Overnight oats are even BETTER in the summer. Summer mornings are perfect for no-fuss, ready to eat breakfasts. To be fair, what season isn’t perfect for ready-made breakfasts? You tell me, because I don’t know of one.
Imagine this, the kids are awake and begging for breakfast. You still need more time to sleep/exercise/shower/drink coffee/etc. They are begging and begging and won’t stop. Then you remember, you have several jars of delicious peanut butter cheesecake overnight oats in the fridge. Brilliant! Breakfast is already prepared–tell the kiddos to grab a jar and a spoon, and dig in.
You didn’t even have to get out of bed to do that. (Well, let’s be honest, you probably weren’t in bed, were you? That was just a joke adding the sleep part earlier! Ha.)
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Overnight Oats are Summer’s Breakfast on the Go
Then there are the mornings this summer when everyone has to be at a different camp or practice back to back to back. Breakfast? Who has time for that!
Oh wait–you do.
You have a stash of perfectly prepped overnight oats waiting in the fridge. Creamy, rich and full of hearty oats and plenty of peanut butter. No drive-thru necessary this morning.
Notice how your summer mornings just keep getting better and better? And is it a coincidence that your amazing morning includes peanut butter? It is not. Every day that starts with peanut butter is a great day. I know this to be 100% true.
Peanut Butter and Oatmeal were meant to be together
If you haven’t jumped on the overnight oatmeal bandwagon yet, let me tell you, it is TIME.
My overnight oats recipes in general are the most popular on the blog and the reasons why are pretty obvious. They are:
- Easy to make.
- On the go!
If you are a meal prepper and like to have recipes ready to go for the week, overnight oats are a great option. Simply prep several jars at a time and have breakfast waiting for you in the morning. Whether it’s a rushed morning or one that is nice and slow, having these oats ready for you is so helpful!
As for these Peanut Butter Cheesecake Overnight Oats? Not only are they delicious, but they also add the power of peanut butter. We are talking fiber, protein and the extra fuel you need to start your day. Oh, and if you want a major pro tip–use the end of the peanut butter jar to make thesein. Yes, your peanut butter jar becomes your overnight oats container. Genius, right!?
What you need to make this recipe:
- Rolled Oats: regular or gluten free can be used. I know some people enjoy steel cut oats when making overnight oats, but I find them to be way too chewy even after soaking overnight or several days for that matter.
- Peanut Butter: I prefer natural creamy–the kind you have to stir, but seriously there are no rules when it comes to the peanut butter in this recipe as long as you have it!
- Cream Cheese: A few options on this. I like to use whipped cream cheese because there is no softening required. It stirs in nicely. However, you can use regular cream cheese from a block, just be sure to soften it. Also, there are quite a few dairy-free cream cheeses out there these days. You can make the recipe dairy-free if desired by using a dairy-free cream cheese along with a dairy-free milk.
- Milk: Dairy-free or regular, whatever is your favorite. I love using whole milk but also enjoy it with dairy free milk as well. Both are delicious in these peanut butter overnight oats for sure!
- Vanilla: Just a touch makes a world of a difference!
- Maple Syrup:This is my preferred overnight oats sweetener. You could opt for honey or another liquid sweetener if you prefer.
Whip everything together, cover and chill. Breakfast will be ready in the morning!
In case you missed my kick off post in partnership with the National Peanut Board, you will want to check it out. Did I mention it’s a recipe for a No-Churn Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream Ice Cream?
So now it’s your turn! Tell me, aside from this amazing peanut butter recipe, what is your favorite way to enjoy peanut butter? Let me know in the comments below and spread the peanut butter love using the hashtag #HowDoYouPB
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS INSPIRATON? VISIT THE THIS COLLECTION OF PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES FOR MANY MORE IDEAS!
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- 1/2 c rolled oats, regular or gluten free
- 1/2 c milk of choice
- 1 T cream cheese
- 1 T peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup, separated
- pinch of sea salt
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, cream cheese and 1 teaspoon maple syrup. Stir to combine.
- Add all other ingredients into a small bowl or jar and stir well to combine. Swirl in peanut butter cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Warm before serving if desired. Add an extra drizzle of peanut butter if desired before serving.