If you are a blueberry muffin fan then these simple, ready to go Blueberry Overnight Oats are for you! So easy and this recipe is make ahead so you can get a good bowl of oatmeal even on a busy morning!
Overnight oats are something you know I am a fan of if you have been around here long enough. I thought the Banana Bread Overnight Oats were by far my very favorite but I think I may have a new winner.
This Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal is all the blueberry muffin you love without the hour it takes to bake a batch. These are for when you need to grab and go and get to whatever is waiting for you at the beginning of a new day.
You can eat these Blueberry Overnight Oats warm by popping them in the microwave or eat them cold and straight from the jar. I usually warm mine up but I actually ate these cold once and was pretty pleased.
So go ahead and make these tonight or make a week’s worth tonight and have breakfast waiting in the morning!
HERE ARE SOME COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT OVERNIGHT OATS:
HOW LONG DO OVERNIGHT OATS LAST?
I typically make 3 or so days worth at a time. 3-5 days is the range that they will last and certain ingredients in different flavors impact this. Banana Bread overnight oats are typically not good after 2 or 3 days due to the mashed banana but these overnight oats should be ok a few days later if you just add the banana before serving.
WHAT KIND OF OATS DO YOU USE IN OVERNIGHT OATMEAL?
I prefer rolled oats in mine. I find that they soak up the milk perfectly and are nice and soft after sitting overnight. Others suggest steel cut oats for their overnight oats recipe but that is NOT for me.
They are to hard and chewy for me. I have found that steel cut oats are best for me I the Instant Pot. (Check out these Banana Bread Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats!)
DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE OVERNIGHT OATMEAL IN A JAR?
When the overnight oats trend hit, it was all the rage to scoop your breakfast out of a ball jar. Heck, I still do. But don’t go out and buy cute little jars just yet. If you have a bowl that you can seal, then you are in perfect shape.
Don’t feel like you have to buy anything extra to make your oatmeal in, bowls can be great as well. I have seen lots of people use the end of a peanut butter jar–that would be perfect for these Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats!
CAN YOU WARM OVERNIGHT OATS?
Yes, yes, yes! I have had readers comment or reach out saying they don’t want to eat cold oats. No one says you have to–promise! Pop them in the microwave in the morning and you are all set! Love them chilled? Great, you just get to eat them about a minute sooner!
What you will need to make these Blueberry Overnight Oats:
- rolled oats: You can use regular or gluten free, both are great. In a pinch, quick oats can work as well, but you may need to adjust the amount of liquid. In fact, I have made these blueberry overnight oats with quick oats the morning of when I wasn’t able to prep ahead of time. I feel like a little more milk is needed.
- milk: Choose your favorite and go for it. If you need a dairy free milk, then by all means! I use either whole milk or vanilla almond milk most of the time. We always have one or the other in the house.
- blueberries: fresh or frozen, whatever is readily available if you ask me!
- cashew butter: This is not 100% necessary so don’t go spend your money on a big jar of cashew butter if you don’t already have it. I like the way nut butters add a bit of thickness to my overnight oatmeal. However, almond butter is fine and completely skipping it will alter the flavor only slightly. Both are still delicious!
- cinnamon: I put 1/2 tsp in the recipe. I LOVE cinnamon so I often go a bit heavy on it.
- vanilla: Just a small amount will do!
- maple syrup: Really your preferred sweetener is perfectly fine here. I could literally drink maple syrup. It is so rich and delicious. So that’s what I opt for.
- optional: ground flax–just to add a bit of fiber and goodness to the recipe. Don’t feel obligated!
TRY MY OTHER FAVORITE OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPES:
- BANANA BREAD OVERNIGHT OATS
- CINNAMON ROLL OVERNIGHT OATS
- PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE OVERNIGHT OATS
- PUMPKIN PIE OVERNIGHT OATS
- TRIPLE CHOCOLATE PROTEIN OVERNIGHT OATS
- VANILLA COLD BREW COFFEE OVERNIGHT OATS
- PEANUT BUTTER BANANA PROTEIN OVERNIGHT OATS
- CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER OVERNIGHT OATS
Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1/2 cup plus 2 T milk of choice
- 1 T cashew butter (almond butter will work as well)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp 100% pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 T ground flax (optional)
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine all ingredients except the blueberries in a small jar that can be sealed.
- Stir well to combine.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve chilled or warm up in microwave.