Cinnamon, rolled oats and brown sugar make these cinnamon roll overnight oats a delicious way to start your day. These best part? This easy breakfast recipe is ready for you when you wake up!
Recipe updated October 2019.
The thought of a big gooey cinnamon roll in the morning may seem amazing, but an hour or so later when the sugar rush subsides, the decision to start the day with one may become a regret.
Breakfast is that meal where I like something sweet, but I just don't want it too sweet. But sometimes, you just want a cinnamon roll, right?! These Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats can can help with this for sure!
The combo of some sweet brown sugar, cinnamon, and a touch of vanilla is all you need to combine with some oats for a great breakfast! And if you have an actual cinnamon roll instead, hey I totally get it!
As with all the overnight oats recipes, eat these warm or cold, either way is perfectly fine. I always make several at a time so I have breakfast waiting for me in the morning all week.
I also will have these as an afternoon snack sometimes because I am a believer that breakfast is acceptable for any part of the day! So go ahead and enjoy your cinnamon roll, and feel really good about it too!
New to overnight oats?
We all have to start somewhere right? Check out this Peanut Butter Banana Protein Overnight Oats recipe where I go through all of the need to knows when making Overnight Oats.
What you will need to make this recipe:
- rolled oats: I prefer rolled and not steel cut for my overnight oats. There are a few people out there that enjoy super chewy overnight oats, I am not one of them. But by all means, if that is you, go for it!
- milk: I typically opt for whole or vanilla almond.
- vanilla yogurt: I was honestly hoping to find some cinnamon yogurt but it is not as easy to find as I would like. That's ok, vanilla brings out the flavor as well.
- cinnamon: what's a cinnamon roll without the cinnamon???!
- chia seeds: certainly optional but I often enjoy them in my oats and they give them a bit more nutritional boost.
- brown sugar or maple syrup: or your preferred sweetener
Check out these other recipes:
- Banana Bread Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Triple Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats
Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
- Combine all ingredients listed above in a jar or container that can be sealed and stir well.
- Store in the fridge overnight.
- Add more milk in the morning if needed.
- If you want to add a cinnamon drizzle, whisk together 1 T maple syrup and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Drizzle over top of oats.
- Eat warm or cold.