This post may contain affiliate links.
Cinnamon, rolled oats and brown sugar make these cinnamon roll overnight oats a delicious way to start your day. These best part? This easy breakfast recipe is ready for you when you wake up!
Recipe updated October 2019.
The thought of a big gooey cinnamon roll in the morning may seem amazing, but an hour or so later when the sugar rush subsides, the decision to start the day with one may become a regret.
Breakfast is that meal where I like something sweet, but I just don't want it too sweet. But sometimes, you just want a cinnamon roll, right?! These Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats can can help with this for sure!
The combo of some sweet brown sugar, cinnamon, and a touch of vanilla is all you need to combine with some oats for a great breakfast! And if you have an actual cinnamon roll instead, hey I totally get it!
As with all the overnight oats recipes, eat these warm or cold, either way is perfectly fine. I always make several at a time so I have breakfast waiting for me in the morning all week.
I also will have these as an afternoon snack sometimes because I am a believer that breakfast is acceptable for any part of the day! So go ahead and enjoy your cinnamon roll, and feel really good about it too!
New to overnight oats?
We all have to start somewhere right? Check out this Peanut Butter Banana Protein Overnight Oats recipe where I go through all of the need to knows when making Overnight Oats.
What you will need to make this recipe:
- rolled oats: I prefer rolled and not steel cut for my overnight oats. There are a few people out there that enjoy super chewy overnight oats, I am not one of them. But by all means, if that is you, go for it!
- milk: I typically opt for whole or vanilla almond.
- vanilla yogurt: I was honestly hoping to find some cinnamon yogurt but it is not as easy to find as I would like. That's ok, vanilla brings out the flavor as well.
- cinnamon: what's a cinnamon roll without the cinnamon???!
- chia seeds: certainly optional but I often enjoy them in my oats and they give them a bit more nutritional boost.
- brown sugar or maple syrup: or your preferred sweetener
Check out these other recipes:
- Banana Bread Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- Triple Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
- ½ cup rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 3 T vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 - 3 teaspoon brown sugar (or maple syrup)
- Dash of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients listed above in a jar or container that can be sealed and stir well.
- Store in the fridge overnight.
- Add more milk in the morning if needed.
- If you want to add a cinnamon drizzle, whisk together 1 T maple syrup and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Drizzle over top of oats.
- Eat warm or cold.
Hi, what is the T in the recipe?
Hi! The T is for a tablespoon!
Excellent recipe! So easy to make & the results are delicious, creamy & so moorish it’s hard not to eat multiple batches at once
Great to hear, Kim. I can't very well resist this one either!
Amazing! Very easy as well!
So happy to hear! It’s one of my faves!
Trying them for the first time! I’ll let you know how I like them.
Yay! Hope you love them. We are hooked!
I made this, my first overnight oats recipe, in a bout of frustration the night before a 12-hour lab day for school, disgruntled with the knowledge I’d have to be up at an ungodly hour. I ate it when I got to my lab site and thought “Are you kidding me??” My day was honestly made. For me the milk and oatmeal ratio was just perfect, I liked it rather thick. I just made another batch. I will never eat anything else for breakfast.
Oh my goodness this literally has made my day! So happy you love them as much as I do!!
Thank You for taking the time to post this. It is great. And I appreciate that you updated it with all it's nutritional value. ♥️
Absolutely, Christie! Glad you enjoyed it!
Hi Lorie! Should I use unsweetened or sweetened Greek yogurt?
Hi! Honestly, whatever your preference! This just helps thicken it up a bit and gives it a touch more protein!
How long do you warm this up the next morning? I don’t like cold oatmeal but I think I curdled the yogurt when I microwaved it.
Hi! So sorry for the delay. I have been having issues with comments coming through ??♀️ I typically heat at 30 seconds at a time and then test it. That should help I think.
Do you know the approx. calorie count for this? Thanks!
Hi I just updated the recipe to include nutritional info. I got approx. 384!
Thanks so much, Lorie!
so not 295?
Hi! I adjusted a couple ingredients when re-testing recently. The 295 is the updated total!
295kcal or 295 calories? 1 kcal=1000 calories so i can't imagine that's right?
Hi! Kcals and calories are one and the same from what I have read. You can use either term to mean the same thing. Hope that helps!
What could you substitute for the Cashew Cream? I don't think peanut butter would be a good swap being this is a cinnamon roll type of oats.
Instead of the cashew cream you could add a bit of full fat coconut milk, almond butter or even a touch of real cream! Enjoy!