This post may contain affiliate links.
Celebrate the stars and stripes with this patriotic Red, White and Blue Funfetti Dip (also known as Dunkaroo Dip.) Cake batter never tasted so good! Only 5 ingredients and about 5 minutes to whip this delicious kid friendly treat that everyone will LOVE to dip their graham crackers, vanilla wafers, pretzels and so much more into!
What's better than funfetti cake? Funfetti Dip! All the cake batter deliciousness in a 5 minute, no bake dippable treat.
And this cake dip is all about the stars and stripes with red, white and blue sprinkles. A simple treat to celebrate 4th of July or any patriotic holiday--and everything in between!
Why you will love this recipe:
- You only need 5 ingredients. That's right, a simple recipe that requires very few ingredients. Can't beat it. But you will want LOTS of things to dip, that is necessary!
- It is so super kid friendly. It really doesn't get much more kid pleasing than this! And if you are a child of the 90's, this cake batter dip is sometimes called "Dunkaroo Dip" so even if you are an adult, the kid in you will go wild for it!
- 5 minutes to make. All you have to do to make this funfetti dip is beat the ingredients together and then fold in the sprinkles. Barely have to lift a finger!
- Fun and festive! Sprinkles make everything more fun. While this cake batter dip is technically for a holiday like 4th of July, Labor Day or Memorial Day, you can most certainly change up the sprinkles to align with any celebration. Let the sprinkles match the party!
If you love no bake desserts like this funfetti dip, then you are for sure going to love these Golden Oreo Truffles that you can add red, white and blue sprinkles to for another treat to celebrate America!
Ingredients and Substitutions:
- white cake mix: I prefer the white cake mix since it is the lightest in color. This allows the sprinkles to pop. You could use a yellow cake mix if you prefer but the color will obviously be different.
- cool whip: one 8 oz container, thawed. I used a classic tub of Cool Whip, but you could opt for an extra creamy version, light or even fat free if preferred. Any should work well in this funfetti dip.
- yogurt: I went back and forth on this one and landed on vanilla yogurt. This cake dip is very sweet. I wanted to add a plain yogurt to balance the sweetness slightly, but felt that it didn't quite do it for me. The vanilla yogurt added a bit more flavor. I opted for a vanilla yogurt that only had a small amount of added sugar for less sweetness.
- vanilla extract: A touch of vanilla rounds this all out.
- sprinkles: red, white and blue for all of the patriotic perfection! You can also find some star sprinkles. By all means, change up the sprinkles colors as desired.
Before making this red, white and blue funfetti dip, bake the cake mix if you are concerned about eating raw flour. Just bake it on a sheet pan at 350°F for about 5 minutes. Allow to cool before mixing into the recipe.
Add the cooled cake mix, cool whip, yogurt and vanilla extract to a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy and fully incorporated. (steps 1-2)
Gently fold in the sprinkles. Try not to stir too vigorously so that the sprinkles don't bleed into the batter. (steps 3-4)
That is it. Nothing else required other than a little chilling!
Serve this funfetti cake dip with:
- 'Nilla Wafers
- animal crackers
- graham crackers
- teddy grahams
- actual Dunkaroos!
- The CDC recommends you do not eat raw flour. I bake the cake mix for about 5 minutes at 350°F. It is meant to reach 165°F in order to kill any bacteria.
- Chilling this cake dip is ideal for everything to set and the texture to be nice, thick. and fluffy. I also think the flavor once it's chilled is better--it needs some time fo the flavors to meld together.
- If you don't like to consume food dyes, there are many dye-free sprinkles available. These Red, White and Blue dye free sprinkles are a great option.
Other simple no bake treats:
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for all the latest!
Red, White and Blue Funfetti Dip
- 1 box white cake mix about 15.25-16.25 oz.
- 1 tub of Cool Whip 8 oz.
- 1 ¼ c vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ c red, white and blue sprinkles plus more for on top
- things to dip: vanilla wafers, graham crackers, animal crackers, pretzels, etc.
- If desired, bake cake mix on a sheet pan at 350°F for about 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, add cooled cake mix, Cool Whip, vanilla yogurt and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer, beat for about 2-3 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sprinkles and gently fold in. Transfer to bowl you prefer to serve it in and chill for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Add extra sprinkles on top and serve with all of your favorite dippers: graham crackers, pretzels, animal crackers and more.
- Store for up to one week in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply