These No Bake Samoa Bars will have your Girl Scout cookie craving satisfied when it's not cookie season! Cashew coconut crust, date caramel with plenty more coconut and the perfect chocolate drizzle! A simple sweet decadent treat!
Girl Scout Cookies in a no bake bar?
It's Girl Scout Cookie season. And for me that means Samoas. The rich caramel, coconut and chocolate cookies are my dream come true. None of the other cookies come near it. None.
But since Girl Scout Cookies aren't here year round, what's a girl to do? Well I will tell you! She makes these No Bake Samoa Bars and is set for LIFE!
One thing though is for sure. Girl Scout cookies are no longer $2.00 a box like they were back in my Girl Scout days. They are closer to $5.00 a box these days. Anytime money is going to support the youth of our world is a plus, but the amount you can buy at five bucks a pop won't usually last too long.
So you need other options. And now you have one. I always loved Samoas growing up. Between those and the Thin Mints I was set. But the Samoas were the best by far. So I thought I would try my hand at these No Bake Samoa Bars, a version that is super simple but also with a bit of a twist. As in a "No Bake" twist!
No Bake Samoa Bars--keep the Girl Scout Cookie Season Alive all year
I am a sucker for no bake recipes so that's why this one is just that. The cashew crust layer could easily be eaten on it's own, but don't stop there. I promise you won't be disappointed.
The caramel comes from a combination of soaked dates, vanilla, maple and sea salt. I have used it before in a few other recipes but the addition of coconut to the mix is where it's at. It takes it to a whole new level. And then we can't forget about the chocolate! A nice chocolate drizzle brings it all together.
These may not come from a cute purple box or from a cute little pig-tailed Girl Scout, but I promise you won't feel like you are missing out one bit!
For double boiler method instructions, click here.
Other No Bake Recipes You may love:
- No Bake Blueberry Lemon Mini Tarts
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cups
- Lemonade Cookie Bites
- No Bake Buckeye Oatmeal Bars
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bites
- Homemade Lemon Coconut Energy Bars
No Bake Samoa Bars
- 2 oz. Dark Chocolate Bar approx. ⅔ of a 3 oz. bar
- ½ T coconut oil
For the base layer
- In a food processor, process cashews until a grain like consistency.
- Add in other ingredients and process until somewhat of a dough forms.
- Press firmly into a parchment lined 8x8 pan. (If it's a bit sticky, put a small amount of coconut oil on the fingers to help!)
- Allow to chill in the refrigerator.
For the Caramel Layer
- After soaking dates in hot water, add to food processor. Process until a smooth caramel like consistency.
- Add in maple, vanilla and sea salt and process to combine.
- Finally, add in coconut and process until fully combined.
- Pour mixture over crust layer and spread evenly.
- Allow to chill in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Using a double boiler method* to heat chocolate and coconut oil, allow to melt until smooth.
- Transfer to a small plastic bag.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of the plastic bag and drizzle over the bars.
- Allow to chill for about 5 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into 2 inch square bars and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator.