These Kahlua Cream Cheese Brownies are not your average brownies, but they are also super simple to whip up. Chocolate, cream cheese and coffee goodness in these beautiful cheesecake swirled brownies!
These Kahlua Cream Cheese Brownies are a perfect way to kick things off, don't you agree??
And that's all you really need to do with these Kahlua Cream Cheese Brownies.Find your favorite brownie mix and prep it as you always would. Then, add some magic--a touch of Kahlua and espresso powder to the powder. But why stop there? Whip together some cream cheese and a few other ingredients and then swirl that beautiful richness right into the brownie batter. Bake and Voila! You have yourself gooey, rich, coffee liqueur infused cheesecake brownies. A party for the taste buds without much work at all. And no one you share them with has to know it all began with a boxed brownie mix--THAT is the real beauty!!!
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
- 1 brownie mix package (approx. 18oz) plus ingredients to bake (typically eggs and oil)
- ¼ c Kahlua
- 1 tsp espresso powder
For Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 8oz. block of cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven according to brownie package instructions (mine was 350°F.)
- Mix brownie batter ingredients as directed. Stir in espresso powder and Kahlúa and mix well to combine. Pour batter into a well greased or parchment lined 9x13 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer or standing mixer, mix cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. (about 2-3 minutes)
- Spoon dollops of the cream cheese mixture into the brownie batter and using a toothpick or a knife, swirl it into the brownie mix.
- Place in oven and bake according to package directions. Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes before enjoying!