These gluten free Avocado Brownies will take what you ever knew about brownies and blow your mind. You won’t believe there’s avocado in them!
My love for avocados has about tripled in the last 24 hours. I have at least half of an avocado a day but I have a feeling I will be increasing my intake thanks to this secretly healthy brownie recipe. I came across an article that listed all of the ways you can use avocados. On the list was brownies. Brownies with avocado?! Challenge accepted. I dove right in and was amazed at the results. These Avocado Fudge Brownies are nothing but fudgy, chocolaty and rich…and did I mention healthy? Avocados, you win again. You continue to be so amazing and now I have another excuse to eat you each and everyday!
These brownies are a way to add a bit of protein and healthy fats to your day while also savoring a decadent treat. I plan on whipping up some Dairy Free Chocolate Whipped Cream to go right on top of these because we all need a little bit more chocolate in our lives, right? This is a gluten free recipe so everyone wins! Make them vegan by using flax eggs instead of real eggs. I am absolutely positive that this recipe will serve as a base for more variations to come so stay tuned. But for right now, I need to go get more avocados because I just ran out! Enjoy these!
Chocolate Chunk Avocado BrowniesPrint Pin Rate
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup heaping, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3-1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 c chocolate chunks or chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a food processor, process all ingredients except for about 1/2 of the chocolate chunks.
- Process until smooth. Stir in the rest of the chocolate chunks
- Pour mixture into a parchment lined 6x8 pan.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until you can put a toothpick in the middle with no residue.
- Let cool completely or eat while still warm!
An 8x8 pan should work but the brownies won't be quite as thick.