These Gluten Free Blondies are rich and gooey and full of rich white chocolate chips. Just because you can't have gluten doesn't mean you should miss out on a traditional treat. This classic bar recipe is easy and delicious--everyone will enjoy them!
What's ooey and gooey and white chocolate all over?? These insanely delicious and gluten free white chocolate chip blondies! And that is all you need to know today...
Ok, ok, that's not all you need to know, but after the ridiculous number of times I had to test these, this recipe is seriously ALL YOU NEED if you love buttery baked perfection.
While I don't have any issues with gluten in my own diet, I do have readers that request gluten free recipes. Who would I be to ignore such requests???! And to be honest, any and all things made with almond flour are seriously magical to me. I love the sweet toasty flavor almond flour gives baked goods and other recipes.
As for these gluten free blondies? I love the soft and chewy and all around gooey goodness that the combination of almond flour, butter and a few other things gives these bars. I also love how SUPER SIMPLE they are to make, and it's easy to change them up with fun add ins!
First things first, What are blondies?
Blondies are sort of like brownies without the chocolate. I consider them a cross between a sugar cookie and a chocolate-less brownie if that makes any sense at all. If done right, they have that gooey goodness of a brownie but they taste much more like a buttery cookie. And then if you add any sort of chocolate chips, they resemble even more of a cookie bar.
There are several little things that can have an impact on how blondies turn out texture-wise and I most certainly learned that the hard way. Let's just say this recipe was tested soooooo many times. So. Many. Times.
What you need to make this recipe:
- almond flour: I used a finely ground almond flour like this one from Bob's Red Mill. I always found almond flour to be not fine enough for baking but a lot of manufacturers are making them much finer these days and it is much improved.
- vanilla: the vanilla is one of the stars of blondies in general. If you can get your hands on a high quality vanilla, all the better!
How to make these Gluten Free Blondies:
- Combine the melted butter, eggs, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk until fully combined. (steps 1 and 2)
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder and sea salt. Whisk to fully combine. (steps 3 and 4)
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix to fully incorporate. No need to over mix here, just get them combined. (steps 5 and 6)
- Fold in the white chocolate chips or your favorite add ins. White chocolate is pretty darn sweet, you don't have to use the full amount if you don't like your blondies too sweet. You can add some nuts or something else to balance it out. (steps 7 and 8)
- Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment. If you don't have parchment, make sure to grease the pan well, especially the sides. No one wants their blondies stuck to the pan! (step 9)
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly. No need to save any white chocolate chips to sprinkle on top as they essentially get hidden once you bake these. (steps 10 and 11)
- Bake 22-25 minutes and a golden and light brown. The day I made these to shoot process shots, I over baked by a couple minutes because TODDLERS. I didn't have the time or resources that day to do it all over again. So just note this one was a slight brown as compared to usual. I will say I did not hate the extra slight crispiness one bit! (step 12)
Fun flavor variations:
- Try them with half chocolate and half white chocolate chips. Zebra blondies!
- Toss in some dried cranberries for a white chocolate cranberry flavor.
- Add a hint of almond extract (½ teaspoon) dark chocolate chips and some coconut for an almond joy variety
- Try adding some cinnamon (about 1-2 teaspoon) for a white chocolate churro blondie
- Chopped pecans anyone? These would be great with some nuts tossed in as well!
Check out these other brownie and cookie recipes for more delicious baking!
- Kahlua Cream Cheese Brownies
- Double Chocolate White Bean Brownies
- One Bowl Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Avocado Brownies
- Small Batch Lemon Sugar Cookies
Gluten Free Blondies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13inch baking pan with parchment allowing extra to come up the sides. (You can use spray oil as well to make sure these babies come out!)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk almond flour, salt and baking powder well.
- Stir the dry ingredients into wet until just combined (try not to over stir) and then fold in white chocolate chips.
- Pour into baking pan and bake for 22-25 minutes. The top will just be starting to turn a very light brown. Allow to cool completely and then dig in!