These Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats with all the sprinkles are perfect for any party! Prepped in about 10 minutes and dipped in white chocolate. The perfect birthday cake themed rice krispie treat that everyone will love!
Sprinkles make everything better--it is a proven fact. Or at least I have plenty of proof!
And these Birthday Cake themed Rice Krispie Treats are a simple, classic treat made all the better with rainbow sprinkles. While the Peanut Butter Chocolate version I make is super popular, nothing compares to this way to add color.
Why these Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats are the Best:
- They take about 10 minutes to prep.
- They are super kid friendly (and honestly, adult friendly as well!)
- Naturally gluten free, so a great option for birthday parties when someone can't have the birthday cake.
- Super easy to vary based on the holiday or celebration--match your sprinkles to your treats!
- They taste so so so soooo delicious!
What you will need:
- Rice Krispies cereal
- white chocolate
How to make these Rice Krispie Treats:
Melt the butter in a pan and then add 8 of the 9 cups of marshmallows into the pan. Stir constantly until fully melted.
In a mixing bowl, add the melted marshmallows to the Rice Krispies along with the sprinkles and last cup of marshmallows.* Stir well to combine.
*I love the extra cup of marshmallows in Rice Krispie treats. You will then have little chunks of marshmallow in the treats as well. You don't have to add them, but we love ours this way!
Press, press, PRESS the rice krispie mixture into a parchment lined 9x9inch baking pan. Then gently press remaining sprinkles into the top of the bars--the more the better 100%!
I like using spray oil on my fingers or the bottom of a spoon or even a glass to help press the mixture without it sticking so much. This will make a big difference in your frustration level when making these Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats. The mixture is STICKY and will latch on to everything!
Allow the treats to cool for about an hour.
When the Rice Krispie Treats are cooled enough, cut them into about 16 squares. Melt your white chocolate and then dip the bottom of each bar in. Allow to cool on parchment paper.
You can also dip the top or one half of the treat into the white chocolate if you don't want the bottom. Another option is to drizzle the white chocolate over top.
Enjoy your Birthday Cake Rice Krispie Treats!
If you aren't serving them right away, seal them in an airtight container and store them at room temperature. They will stay fresh for about 3-4 days.
Recipe Notes and Tips:
- When you add the sprinkles in right after melting the marshmallows, some of those sprinkles will melt. No worries though, add the remaining sprinkles to the top and gently press them in. You can also just add sprinkles on top if you don't like the look of the melted sprinkles.
- Vary the sprinkles colors to meet your needs. You can easily adjust the color of the sprinkles for any occasion. Orange and black for Halloween, Christmas colors, school colors and more.
- Store these funfetti rice krispie treats for 3-4 days in an air tight container at room temperature. If the container is not sealed well, they will harden or become stale more quickly. I even double up with plastic wrap and a lid to keep these fresh longer.
Love Funfetti? Try these Funfetti Cookie Dough Bites!
This recipe was originally published January 2019 and updated October 2021 with new photos and updated content.
Funfetti Rice Krispie Treat Pops
- 9 c mini marshmallows approx. 1 ½ 10 oz. bags
- 6 c Rice Krispies cereal
- 5 T butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3-4 T rainbow sprinkles
- 1 bag white chocolate chips 12oz. Or 12 oz melting choc
- In a medium pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add in 8 cups of the marshmallows and vanilla and stir constantly until all marshmallows are melted. In a separate large bowl measure 6 cups Rice cereal.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over the cereal, add two tablespoons of sprinkles and the remaining marshmallows and stir well to combine. (some sprinkles will melt, just be aware. If you don’t like that look, just wait and add to the top). Prep a 9x9 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Press Rice Krispie treats FIRMLY into pan. Allow to cool completely and then add the rest of the sprinkles on top and gently press for them to stick. (I find that it helps to add a bit of oil spray to the spoon or fingers, whatever you are using to press into pan). Allow to cool for about one hour.
- When treats are cooled, cut into squares and then melt the white chocolate by microwaving in 20 second increments until melted. Dip each into the chocolate and set on parchment to dry. Allow the chocolate to cool and enjoy!