This Edible Sugar Cookie Dough is an eggless sugar cookie dough packed with rainbow sprinkles. Cookie dough you can eat straight from the bowl and so easy to whip up!
Funfetti Cookie Dough
Growing up, my mom would tell us not to eat the cookie dough. Did we listen? I am not gonna rat myself out here in case she reads this, but...
The cookie dough can be even better than the actual cookie sometimes!
I LOVE sugar cookies, and not to mention sugar cookie dough-- so edible sugar cookie dough is an absolute must in my house. Who else used to keep a roll of cookie dough in the fridge with no intention of ever baking it? Yep, the BEST.
This sugar cookie dough is a safer, eggless cookie dough you can enjoy--Mom can't yell at you for this one!
But when you want real cookie dough, you want REAL COOKIE DOUGH. And That is what I have for you!
What you need to make this recipe:
- flour: For your safety, it is recommended that you microwave your flour in a microwave safe dish for about 1 minute to a temperature of 165°F to kill off any bacteria. You can do this in the oven as well.
- vanilla: a good vanilla is what makes a sugar cookie recipe. Use a real vanilla extract versus imitation flavor if possible.
How to make this edible sugar cookie dough:
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. The nice thing about making this just as cookie dough is that if you don't cream the butter and sugar long enough, you won't ruin the recipe. Just get the mixture nice and light and you are fine.
- Add in the vanilla, salt and milk and mix to incorporate.
- Slowly add in the flour and mix. I add about ⅓ cup at a time. Mix just enough to incorporate the flour. Then stir in the sprinkles.
- You can roll into balls or eat it straight from the bowl!
Recently, I did read that the FDA is advising not to consume uncooked flour, so I will add a disclaimer to this post below and advise you to eat at your own risk per the new regulations. You can put the flour in the microwave for about one minute to allow it to reach 165°F if you are concerned. This should kill off any bacteria.
Disclaimer: The FDA warns that eating uncooked flour can cause illness. Please eat cookie dough at your own risk.
Check out these other cookie and cookie dough recipes:
- PEANUT BUTTER REESES COOKIE DOUGH BITES
- ALMOND JOY COOKIE DOUGH BITES
- VEGAN CHICKPEA COOKIE DOUGH
- ONE BOWL SMALL BATCH CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- CARAMEL STUFFED SNICKERDOODLES
Edible Sugar Cookie Dough
- ½ c butter, softened, room temperature
- ½ c sugar
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1 T milk
- 2-3 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2-3 T rainbow sprinkles
- Using a standing or hand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in salt, vanilla and milk and mix together.
- Slowly add in flour and mix until smooth.
- Stir in sprinkles.
- Roll into bite sized balls or eat straight from the bowl! If the dough is not rolling easily, chill for about 15-20 minutes and then roll.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- For your safety, it is recommended that you microwave your flour in a microwave safe dish for about 1 minute to a temperature of 165°F to kill off any bacteria. You can do this in the oven as well.
This post was originally published April 2018. Post was updated April 2020 to include new copy and more helpful information.