Don’t let those ripe avocados go to waste! Whip up this simple chocolate avocado mousse with rich chocolate and peanut butter. A simple snack packed with goodness!
Recipe originally published March 2015. Photos and post updated February 2020.
Easter candy is now EVERYWHERE! And to the peanut butter chocolate lovers, this means Reese Peanut Butter Eggs.
I was at the grocery store the other night and the aisles were full of pretty pastels, jelly beans and of course, Reese Eggs. I am excited that I pretty much already have my own recipe for these.
All I have to do is take my Peanut Butter Cup Truffles and form them into eggs. Easy as pie!
When I saw the eggs though, I had creamy peanut butter and rich chocolate on the mind–then I remembered, I still have Valentine’s Day Reese’s Hearts at home! So I moved right on, until next time at least.
But then, there are those times when you’ve got lots of avocados…and that can become a peanut butter chocolate situation as well.
When live gives you ripe avocados, make peanut butter chocolate avocado mousse!
I am actually a big fan of avocado mousse, or pudding, whatever you prefer. Avocados are so finicky when it comes to ripening, so when I find myself with several that I need to use up, a nice treat like this peanut butter chocolate avocado mousse.
- it takes 5 minutes to whip up–if that.
- it helps reduce food waste
- it’s a perfectly filling and fueled up snack
This avocado mousse literally takes no more than 5 minutes to make and its packed with all the goodness of my favorite green food-avocados.
You won’t need much to make this avocado pudding. And you probably have everything you need around the house already!
What you will need to make this recipe:
- avocados: you want them really soft and ripe.
- cocoa powder: unsweetened cocoa powder is what I use. For a darker chocolate mousse, opt for a dark cocoa powder.
- peanut butter: Use what you have in the house. I prefer natural creamy, the kind you have to stir. It can be a nuisance for sure, but I love the flavor and I find it great to add into recipes because it is not as thick, it’s nice and drippy.
- maple syrup: I like using a liquid sweetener in this mousse recipe. It keeps it smooth and creamy. Sweeten how you desire–this is always the part that varies. You can start with half the amount and then add as you like. I find that the best way to go!
- sea salt: just a touch is all you need!
- vanilla extract
And this is how simple it is to make this avocado mousse:
- Place all ingredients in a food processor
- Process until smooth
- Chill and then eat!
I am all about recipes that take as little time as possible. When I have a craving, I don’t want to have to wait hours to feed it! My peanut butter chocolate craving was more than satisfied from this avocado mousse.
And my husband never has to know the secret ingredient in this recipe. All he has to know is chocolate and peanut butter and the rest is history! Enjoy this 5 Minute Peanut Butter Cup Mousse and feel good about feeding it the whole family!
Try these other avocado recipes:
- SIMPLE HEALTHY GUACAMOLE
- WATERMELON AVOCADO SALAD WITH FETA
- AVOCADO PESTO PASTA
- DARK CHOCOLATE IRISH CREAM AVOCADO MOUSSE
- HAVARTI GRILLED CHEESE WITH AVOCADO AND ARUGULA
- BLACK BEAN AND AVOCADO QUESADILLAS
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
5 Minute Peanut Butter Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 2 ripe avocados
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 T peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 T 100% pure maple syrup
- Dash of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and combine until smooth.
- For best results, chill for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings, chocolate chips, whipped cream or more peanut butter!