Rich, chocolatey mousse and you will never know that it's avocado! This Bailey's Mousse will have your bit of green to celebrate the day plus the flavor of Bailey's Irish Cream to celebrate St. Patrick's Day or any day you like!
No green beer for me on St. Patty's Day, that is always a certain thing. But I wanted to share something green with you--and avocados are green, right?
Why you will love this recipe packed with avocados:
- It's a fun way to celebrate green! This Bailey's Avocado Mousse is technically green since it includes avocados, but nooooo one has to know, right??
- Super simple to make. This is a matter of adding all the ingredients and blending!
- Can be made for adults only or for the kids! Use a boozy Irish Cream or an Irish Cream coffee creamer. Whatever you need!
Avocado mousse is something you really won't believe until you try it. My Peanut Butter Chocolate Avocado Mousse is probably the most popular version on the blog but I am personally a big fan of the Salted Mocha version.
This Bailey's Avocado Mousse is much richer due to an extra ingredient: melted dark chocolate. It will be necessary in all my avocado mousse recipe from here on out!
What you will need to make this Bailey's Avocado Mousse Recipe:
- avocados: make sure they are nice and soft and ripe. I used pretty large avocados for this avocado mousse.
- Bailey's Irish Cream or Irish Cream Coffee Creamer: Use the alcoholic version for adults only, or add Irish Cream flavored Coffee Creamer to share with the little leprechauns.
- cocoa powder
- dark chocolate chips: this is what adds the richness to this mousse. Melt them before adding them into the food processor.
- maple syrup: Your favorite sweetener will work and honestly, I would save this until the end so that you can sweeten to taste.
For my dairy free friends, Bailey's also now makes a dairy free version so you can enjoy as well! Bailey's Mousse for all!
Grab some avocados this week that are close to being ripe and in a few days you can whip this up in the food processor and celebrate this spring holiday without the green beer and the chaos--sit back, relax and enjoy a dish of this instead!
Check out these other avocado recipes:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Honey Pistachio Avocado Toast
- Salted Mocha Avocado Mousse
- Avocado Pesto Pasta
- Avocado Ranch Tuna Salad
- Vegan Avocado Black Bean Quesadillas
Bailey's Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor.
- Process until smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Pour into 2-3 individual containers and chill for about 1 hour before serving for flavors to really meld.
- Top with whipped cream if desired and enjoy!