Overnight Oats just got even better with chocolate, chocolate and even more chocolate! Wholesome Triple Chocolate Overnight oats and chocolate for breakfast!
Someone pinch me. Please.
It's Wednesday afternoon. I'm sitting on the couch and I'm staring at my whole world. I just can't believe this is true, real. This is my life. And suddenly all the years of pain, loss, and agony are gone. Wiped away completely.
And all because of you, Samuel Noah.
This precious angel is ours, OURS. I want to tell you everything--I want to share him with everyone I meet. I will, but that post will take much more time and I want to make sure the first time you meet him is perfection obviously.
Just know we are home and we are so happy.
I cannot begin to thank you all for your support, love and prayers throughout this journey from loss, miscarriages, fertility treatments and then adoption. The heartache and the loss never made sense until the moment I laid eyes on Sam. I was meant to be his mommy. And he was meant to be our everything.
I will bring you so much more of his birth story (including pictures!), the anxiety, the tears, all of that soon, but for now, all I can say is thank you . Thank you so very much. xoxo
Naturally the introduction to our son must come with one of my very favorite recipes. So overnight oats--chocolate overnight oats, are a no brainer of course! Once we get in a groove here, there will be plenty of these bad boys in the fridge so I won't have to think about fixing breakfast in the morning at all.
You all know my obsession with these. Check out the list of flavors I have over on the Overnight Oats Recipes page if you are newer here or if you just need some new ideas for other flavors!
There can never be too much chocolate, right?
I obviously decided that double chocolate was not enough on this one. And to be fair, there is a way for you to make this quadruple chocolate, but that may just be a bit overdoing it---or the name 'quadruple chocolate' doesn't quite roll of the tongue quite the same, ha. True story!
Anyway, the chocolate comes at you in the form of cocoa, chocolate chips and CHOCOLATE MILK. Single, double, triple action! Feeling crazy?! I sure am!
If triple chocolate isn't enough, feel free to add a scoop of your favorite chocolate protein powder--that will make it a quad, think you can handle it?
So tonight, save yourself some extra time in the morning by throwing these oats together and then you will be all set to have chocolate for breakfast ready to go in the morning!
- Can this overnight oatmeal recipe be made vegan? Absolutely! Use chocolate almond milk and make sure your chocolate chips are dairy free. You could use cacao nibs instead if you'd like.
- Any fun ways to vary these chocolate overnight oats? Yep! Add some fresh berries, sliced bananas, a bit of shredded coconut--these are just a few things to start. As I mentioned earlier, you can add some protein powder to give it a kick in the protein department as well.
- Chocolate Chips make everything better! Am I right, or am I right? They are great in this recipe and we are really hitting home with the chocolate for breakfast so make sure to add at least a small amount of them, ok?!
Try these other recipes you will love:
- Coconut Cream Pie Overnight Oats–pie for breakfast is always a great idea.
- Peanut Butter Banana Protein Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats–classic sandwich makes a classic breakfast as well!
- Banana Bread Overnight Oats— These are the top recipe on the blog!
- Maple Pecan Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- And many more you can find HERE!
Triple Chocolate Overnight Oats
- In a small jar or bowl mix together all ingredients well to combine.
- Seal closed and chill overnight or at least 4 hours.
- If too dry when ready to eat, add another tablespoon or so of milk.
- Eat warmed or straight from the fridge!
- You can use regular or gluten free oats for these chocolate overnight oats.
- Feel free to add some protein powder as well!