This Peppermint Pretzel Bark is full of rich dark chocolate, salty pretzels and pieces of candy cane. This simple treat is a holiday crowd pleaser!
It’s not quite crunch time just yet. But it’s going to be soon and we all are going to get that deer in the headlights look when we realize a teacher, a neighbor, we forgot someone on our list.
Not to worry! This new Peppermint Pretzel Bark is stupid simple to make and makes a tasty gift.
I love a good bark, super simple and and easy. Its a melt, stir and pour kind of recipe. And that is the way I like it!
Two of my favorites, if you have already had more than enough mint chocolate this season, are my Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark (duh, of course that’s one of my faves!) I love that one as well because it looks so pretty with the peanut butter swirls.
And I also love a good Sea Salt Almond Dark Chocolate Bark. It was my favorite Bark Thin flavor so I had to make my own!
But this Holiday themed bark I bring you today is loaded with salty pretzels and crunchy crushed up candy canes. A hint of peppermint extract rounds it out perfectly. The other amazing part about this recipe?? 4 ingredients. Yep. 1, 2, 3, 4. That’s. It.
And then once it’s all ready, you break it up into pieces, put it in a pretty box with a sparkly Christmas bow and you are set. That is, unless you sample too much of it while you make it and then have to make another batch before you actually get to the gift giving part. Been there!
So here is what you need for this Peppermint Pretzel Bark:
- a bag of dark chocolate chips
- peppermint extract
- candy canes
Think you can handle that? I have no doubt! And while you are here, check out the other 5 recipes that will make great gifts. (And don’t worry if you gift yourself some as well!)
Some fun ways to vary this Peppermint Pretzel Bark:
- Change up the type of chocolate: white chocolate, milk chocolate–maybe even swirl two together!
- What’s more chocolate, right? So add in some festive red and green M&M’s.
- There are lots of fun sprinkles and sprinkle shapes out there these days so feel free to toss some of those in as well!
LOOKING FOR MORE SIMPLE HOLIDAY TREATS? CHECK THESE OUT!
- Nutella Stuffed Ritz Cracker Cookies with Peppermint White Chocolate
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Stuffed Crescent Wreath
- Dark Chocolate Candy Cane Pretzel Bark
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Puppy Chow
- Individual Cranberry Orange Crisps
- Maple Vanilla Spiced Pecans Recipe
- Peppermint Chip Cookies
- Nutella Crumble Bars
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
Peppermint Pretzel Bark
- 1 12 oz. bag dark chocolate chips dairy free/allergy friendly if needed
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- approx. 1 1/2 c mini pretzel twists regular or gluten free (enough to cover the bottom of an 8×8 pan)
- 2-3 candy canes or about 8-10 mini candy canes
- Place candy canes in a plastic bag and crush using a wooden spoon.
- Line the bottom of an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and then spread pretzels evenly.
- Use a double boiler method to melt chocolate chips–or your favorite way to do so. (double boiler: in a small sauce pan heat 1 inch of water to a light boil. Place bowl with chocolate chips in the sauce pan so that it doesn’t touch the water and stir constantly until melted.)
- Once melted, remove from heat and add peppermint extract and half of the candy canes and stir.
- Pour slowly over pretzels and shuffle pan in all directions to help spread.
- Sprinkle remaining candy canes on top and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Once bark has hardened, break into pieces and enjoy!