This Chocolate Granola Recipe with Pistachios and Sea Salt is a simple way to add crunch to your day. Add this to yogurt, milk, or straight from the jar is great too! The best sweet and salty snack!
Every now and then you come across a food you haven't had in a while and you can't remember why it has been so long. Pistachios are those for me.
They were on sale recently and I wanted them for an avocado toast recipe. This Easy Avocado Toast with Honey + Pistachios and also my favorite Chocolate Pistachio Overnight Oats were on the list. Oh, and don't forget these Dark Chocolate Pistachio Protein Bites!
In the end, I had plenty leftover so this chocolate granola recipe came to be! Chocolate and pistachios are a perfect combo.
The beauty of this granola is that it came out in big chunky clusters.
That is my kind of granola! When the chunks are gone, it's sad granola to me. Two things I did with this recipe that I haven't done before added to the clustering. First, I used some quick oats as well as the rolled oats instead of only rolled oats. This made a big difference.
The first batch I made, they were clustered, but it wasn't until I made the second change that the big difference was noticed.
The egg white is where it's at, ladies and gentlemen.
I have heard many times to add it and did so for this one and that had the biggest clustering effect by far. The egg white is not necessary but if you like your granola like I do, then definitely don't skip it!
Delicious chocolate granola in a cute mason jar with a bow makes for a great gift. Mother's Day gifting, perhaps? I think she will love it for sure!
Try these other granola recipes:
- Easy Granola Recipe (My go to, basic recipe)
- Simple Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola
- Nut Free Blueberry Muffin Granola
- Coconut Lemon Cashew Granola
- Maple Pecan Granola
Chocolate Sea Salt Pistachio Granola
- 1 ⅓ c quick oats regular or gluten free
- ⅔ c rolled oats regular or gluten free
- ¼ c maple syrup or honey
- 2 T brown sugar
- ¼ c coconut oil melted (canola oil works great as well!)
- 3 heaping T cacao powder
- ½ c shelled pistachios raw
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 T flaxmeal
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 T mini chocolate chips
- 1 egg white (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients except the pistachios and chocolate chips.
- In a small bag, place about half or a bit more than half of the pistachios and using a large wooden spoon, pound the pistachios to break into small pieces.
- Add the pistachios to the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then break into clusters and add in the rest of the pistachios and chocolate chips.
- Store in an air tight container.