Sweet maple, crunchy pecans, raisins and a hint of cinnamon make this Maple Pecan Granola the perfect yogurt topper, morning cereal or snack–by the handful is always a good idea!
There’s nothing like the sweet crunch of homemade granola. Warm from the oven, just starting to cool, that’s my kind of snack. I often eat the bulk of my granola before it’s even cooled completely!
This Maple Pecan Granola is a simple way to enjoy your favorite snack with minimal effort and is also a more cost friendly version than the store bought.
What’s the key to a crunchy granola?
There are actually several things that can help with crunch. My favorite easy tip is to bake granola on a low oven setting. I bake mine at 300°F to help it slowly cook. When it cooks on a higher heat, you risk the granola cooking too fast and burning versus getting that golden crunch.
Unless of course burnt granola is your thing??
An egg white added into the mix is also another easy way to get an extra crunchy granola. I actually don’t usually use one in this maple pecan granola but have done so in other recipes.
Is this Maple Pecan Granola Vegan?
Yep! As is. You won’t need to change a thing to make this granola vegan–serve it up to whoever desires but needs it to be plant based.
What about gluten free?
Use a gluten free rolled oat and you are all set. Like I said, this one is good for just about everyone! But if you need a nut free version, check out this Nut Free Blueberry Muffin Granola.
Granola is such a simple thing to make–sometimes I wonder why I don’t make it more often. But then I remember how fast it goes when I do make it, so there’s that!
Quick pro-tip: you may want to make a double batch when you make this granola recipe–it’s that good, friends. It’s that good!
How to serve this Maple Pecan Granola:
- I am a big fan of granola on top of yogurt. You could also add it to a parfait like this one.
- Two words: ice cream. I love some crunchy granola on top of vanilla ice cream.
- Make a smoothie a bit thicker by using less liquid and add it on top of the smoothie bowl!
- By the handful–always a great option!
- I love breakfast sweet potatoes. Topped with yogurt and lots of granola. This Maple Pecan Granola especially.
Check out these other granola recipes:
- SIMPLE CRUNCHY PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA
- COCONUT LEMON CASHEW GRANOLA
- CHOCOLATE GRANOLA WITH PISTACHIOS AND SEA SALT
- NUT FREE BLUEBERRY MUFFIN GRANOLA
- TOASTED CASHEW AND CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA BARS
- BANANA BREAD GRANOLA
- COCONUT ALMOND GRANOLA
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
Maple Pecan Granola
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats regular or gluten free depending on your needs
- 1 cup raw pecan halves/pieces
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 300° F.
- Combine oats, cinnamon, raisins, almonds, pecans, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl stir together the coconut oil, vanilla and maple syrup.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and stir so that all of the dry ingredients are coated.
- Spread the mixture on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45 minutes. Every 15 minutes, shift or stir the mixture on the sheet.
- Make sure to allow plenty of time to cool before eating. Store in an airtight container.