Sneak some extra veggies into these Zucchini Pancakes and enjoy your favorite sweet bread for breakfast. Made with hearty oats, crunchy pecans, a hint of cinnamon and all the flavor! No one will guess there are veggies in these!
Back home and feeling refreshed and renewed! Had a great trip with the fam, but as always, home really is where the heart is, right?
The thing that was so amazing about the trip was how I felt in a bathing suit. I thought as I walked on the beach one day how much of a battle it was at one time to do just this. To walk down the beach, in a bathing suit, and feel completely comfortable. Sure, there is always a little inner dialogue about this or that. But on this trip, a bathing suit was no longer my enemy.
Being comfortable in my own skin is something I have talked many times about and how much of a struggle it has been over the years to reconcile my differences with the body I live in.
Perhaps the reason I didn't critique and judge my body was because I actually didn't have time. Running around and chasing 5 nephews and nieces certainly adds up. But no, when the mind wants to wander, there is always time. However, having the kids there did have an impact. My presence, my purpose, was so much more for them and wanting to eat up every moment I could with each one. I didn't want to miss a moment.
All in all, there is not one particular reason I was so "okay" with things this time around. It's a combination of a lot of things for sure. But to me it is a sign for me and for others that living in hate with our skin is not permanent and we really can find a way to be okay with the skin we are in.
Pancake Time--Zucchini pancakes, that is!
When I got back from my trip, my garden was bursting with enormous zucchinis. Needless to say, get ready for lots of recipes with zucchini in them. Not to mention jalapeños and yellow squash.
Zucchini bread has always always always been my very favorite. My grandma's recipe that I grew up on is still my favorite version ever. Nothing tops it. And now I can enjoy this in a whole new way, as pancakes.
I was a bit unsure whether these zucchini bread pancakes would work out but oh my goodness, they were incredible. I used my favorite oats, as oat flour, or oats processed into a flour.
This is my favorite base for pancakes and makes them hearty and dense. You can use gluten free oats as well to make the flour so that is always nice to have the option for my gluten free readers. You don't have to add the pecans, but I love the added crunch.
So now you have a way to sneak some veggies into even your pancakes!
Check out these other pancake Recipes:
- Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Blueberry Flax Pancakes
- Dairy Free Buttermilk Pancakes
- Cherry Almond Oatmeal Pancakes
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes
Zucchini Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1 1/2 c oat flour gluten free if desired
- 1/2 c shredded zucchini packed
- 1/3 c chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 c milk of choice I used almond milk
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 T pure maple syrup
- 1 T oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg well.
- Add in other liquid ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Add in dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Finally stir in zucchini and pecans.
- Allow to sit for about 15 minutes.
- If the mixture seems thick, add in an extra one or two tablespoons of milk
- Over medium heat, pour batter to preferred size pancakes and heat until bubbles form around the edges. Flip and heat until cooked through.
- Enjoy immediately with some more maple and pecans to garnish!