Simple make ahead breakfast sandwiches make mornings a breeze. Packed with spinach, feta and sun-dried tomatoes for a fun twist! Skip the same old breakfast sandwich. These are freezer friendly and easy, grab and go for busy mornings!
As we move away from summer and get back into a new routine, I am planning on making my mornings nice and smooth with my coffee and these Make Ahead Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches. With my travel mug in one hand and a sandwich in the other, everything will be just fine.
Who wants to get up even earlier when school is back in session to make breakfast? (And a bowl of cereal doesn't count.) I am talking a warm, cozy breakfast—one that is right at your fingertips and can walk right out the door with you.
When it comes to simple, make-ahead breakfasts, I am either doing overnight oatmeal or freezer breakfast sandwiches.
These Sausage and Egg Breakfast Sandwiches were my favorite for a very long time. You could pretty much find them in the freezer at all times. However, these Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches pack in feta, spinach, and my absolute favorite: sun-dried tomatoes. There is nothing like it.
The tomatoes give the entire sandwich a very rustic Italian flavor. The feta is baked into the egg, and that makes for less mess when you are trying to eat on the run. I have dripped melty cheese one too many times on my clean clothes to learn that the hard way. Keep this sandwich meat free or add a breakfast sausage patty and you are good to go!
While I think back-to-school season may still be somewhat frightening, I think you are at least going to have some really tasty and a lot less chaotic mornings with these sandwiches and your warm mug of Seattle's Best!
- Feta Cheese
- English Muffins: Use your favorite! Regular, whole grain, gluten free, whatever kind of English Muffin you love.
- Spinach: I use fresh and chop it up. If you use frozen, thaw it and squeeze out as much extra water as possible before adding to the eggs.
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes: You will want the kind that is in oil. I typically use sun-dried tomatoes that have herbs in them as well.
- Pre-Cooked Sausage Patties: These are an optional addition to your sandwich. Sometimes, I chop up a few and just cook them right into the egg bake.
- Crushed Red Pepper
Tips and Notes for making these Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches:
- While these are called Freezer Sandwiches, you actually do not have to freeze them. If you plan to eat the entire batch within a few days, by all means, toss them in the refrigerator.
- Need it dairy free? I have seen recipes for vegan feta cheese as well as some dairy-free versions at certain grocery stores. Double check that your English muffins are dairy free as well.
Other make ahead breakfast recipes:
- Easy Overnight Oats
- Greek Yogurt No Boil Bagels
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Cookies
Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches with Spinach, Feta and Sun-Dried TomatoesPrint Rate
- 12 eggs
- ⅔ c feta cheese
- 1 c chopped fresh spinach
- ⅓ c sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (in oil)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 8 English Muffins
- 8 turkey sausage patties, pre-cooked optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, combine beans and cumin and stir to season. In a medium bowl, crack eggs and whisk well. Add in spinach, feta, chopped sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, red pepper, salt and pepper and stir.
- Pour into a well greased 9x13 baking pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until edges are browned and egg mixture is cooked through.
- Allow to cool for several minutes and then either cut or use a jar lid or biscuit cutter to cut 8 even pieces of egg mixture. Place one egg section onto ½ of each English Muffin and add a pre-cooked sausage patty (if desired). Top with other half of English Muffin. (if eating right away, you can toast as well)
- Serve warm or wrap individually in parchment paper, tape shut and date. Store in a freezer friendly plastic bag for about a month.
- To reheat: All microwaves are different, but microwave for about 2 minutes seconds to 2 minutes 30 seconds on high and enjoy.