This simple sweet potato frittata uses spiralized sweet potatoes for a fun, quicker cooking dish. No spiralizer? No problem, you can still enjoy this egg and vegetable packed breakfast recipe as well with just a few minutes of prep!
Ok everyone, it's play time today! Get out your Spiralizer!
I make frittatas quite frequently. They are super simple and the varieties are literally endless. I pulled out my spiralizer the other week and cracked through a couple of sweet potatoes to make noodles for my favorite Sweet Potato recipe.
Spiralized Sweet Potato Baby Arugula Frittata
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the sweet potato ends off and insert into your spiralizer. Spiralize according to your spiralizer instructions. *If you do not have a spiralizer, you can dice the sweet potato very small and sauté until they are softened and begin to brown on the edges.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, red pepper, Parmesan, sea salt and black pepper well.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil and add minced garlic. Heat until fragrant.
- Add in sweet potato noodles and toss to heat. (about 3-5 minutes)
- Add arugula and toss to mix in with the sweet potatoes until they start to wilt.
- Pour egg mixture over sweet potato and arugula mixture.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and edges begin to slightly brown.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes and then serve.