Looking for something different other than your same old ripe banana recipes? Don't throw those bananas away! From oatmeal to muffins and even smoothies, these are amazing banana recipes that you will love!
There is no in between in our house.
Either I have mounds of brown bananas sitting around or I haven't bought enough and everyone is begging for more. Am I the only one?
But bananas, when you have extras are the gifts that keep on giving.
These simple and delicious ripe banana recipes are perfect options for the times you have all of the brown ones sitting around!
No doubt you will find one (or five!) that you love!
Before we go any further, lets talk about what to do when you have the ripe bananas.
How to store ripe bananas:
The best way to store and preserve your ripe bananas if you are not using them immediately is in the freezer. There are 2 ways I suggest doing so:
- Freezing whole: If you are hoping to use your bananas for breads or muffins, you want to be able to use whole bananas for measurements. Peel your bananas and then wrap them individually in plastic wrap. Store in a large freezer safe bag.
- Flash Freezing: This is ideal for smoothies and any recipe you need banana chunks or pieces. Cut the bananas into bite sized chunks and lay evenly on a baking sheet. Freeze for about 1 hour and then toss the solid pieces into a freezer safe bag. This will make for easy use later!
You are all set--don't ever let another banana go to waste! No excuse with all of these recipes!
Simple Recipes Using Ripe Bananas
- Banana Bread Overnight Oats
Probably the most popular recipe when it comes to bananas on the site. These banana bread oats are simple and ready when you wake up. Such a win!
2. Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
Cookies for breakfast are always a great idea. Using up some ripe bananas is a delicious option with these breakfast cookies. Go for all the add ins you love!
3. White Chocolate Almond Banana Bread
If you haven't had white chocolate with your banana bread, you are missing out. It melts into the sweet bread giving it a rich, sweet flavor!
4. Banana Blender Pancakes
This is a great way to get some oats into the kids--or the adults.
5. Pumpkin Chip Banana Bread
Pumpkin is not just an October food. Eat it all year round like we do in this sweet simple bread!
6. Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
I often prefer my oats in a bowl, but sometimes, eating it with a fork is okay as well. This my favorite fall ripe banana recipe of all!
7. Banana Chia Seed Pudding
Can you believe the ch-ch-ch-chia pets became such a health food down the road?
8. Banana Coconut Chip Muffins
Tropical flavors in a muffin--take a sunny trip one bite at a time!
9. Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Similar recipe, but in bread form. Choose your favorite option!
10. Chocolate Banana Smoothie
Freeze a lot of your ripe bananas-- smoothies are so much better with a frozen banana. This is one of my favorites. I love a little kick to my smoothie!
Don't toss the ripe bananas!
Check out these dessert recipe options as well: