If you love Nestle Crunch Bars, then these simple, 3 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Crunch Bar Cups are going to be your new favorite homemade treat. Dark Chocolate, Rice Krispies and a hint of sea salt--doesn't get any easier!
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Who else needs some chocolate??
That pretty much sums it up. It has been one of those one thing after another busy, packed schedule kind of weeks.
And you know what goes out the door when this kind of week comes up? Self care, that's what. It's so funny how easily we can slip into old bad habits the minute we become run down and find ourselves in the hole on sleep. I found myself quite a few times this week reaching for the extra coffee trying to 'fuel' myself versus just getting myself to bed at the right time to get the sleep needed to face this kind of week, or even denying myself just a little extra me time. Not okay.
So after work today, I got in a nice nap, took a long hot shower, and started to peel off the layers of this week. Tomorrow I have the day off and it's going to be more of that. I see a nice warm cup of coffee tomorrow morning, curled up on the couch with a book and the pup by my side.
Because sometimes I forget to take time to slow down. Well no more forgetting, time to take care of me. How are you going to do that this weekend?
And as I am curled up on the couch, I have a feeling I will have a little sweet something to munch on. Ok, maybe not for breakfast, but at some point tomorrow, I have a feeling these new 3 ingredient dark chocolate crunch bar cups will be in the forecast.
Chocolate Crunch Bar Cups--my favorite homemade candy
I LOVED Nestle Crunch and Krackel Bars growing up. I think it's actually safe to say that I loved most sweets, but when it came to those little Hershey bar miniature mixed bags, I always went for the Krackel.
Recently I was thinking I could easily make my own, and I was exactly right. I made them with dark chocolate because that has been my go to these days.
Wanting milk chocolate? That's fine as well. And I used some crispy rice cereal and sea salt. That's it. And they were sooooo good. 3 ingredients? Sign me up, right!
To make them into the cute little cup form, all you have to do is put mini muffin liners into a mini muffin tin and pour the chocolate into each. They set nicely and then you peel away the liner.
If you have any other candy mold you prefer, that will work fine as well! At any rate, these are my new go to after dinner sweet something. And I won't lie, a small dollop of peanut butter on top is so delicious as well!
I hope you get some r & r this weekend and that you remember to take a little time just for you, with or without the chocolate!
Other No Bake Treats:
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cup Truffles/Buckeyes
- Homemade Almond Joy Bars
- No Bake Samoa Bars
- Sea Salt Almond Dark Chocolate Bark
Chocolate Crunch Bar Cups
- 6 oz. dark chocolate bar/squares/chips (chopped if squares or bars)
- ⅓ c crispy rice cereal
- Sea salt
- 20 mini muffin liners
- Microwave the chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring in between. Use a double boiler method to melt chocolate. (Fill a small sauce pan with about one inch water and boil. Prop a bowl in the pan that will fit and still sit above the water. Add the chocolate and stir almost constantly until melted.)
- Line 20 mini muffin cups with liners
- Add crispy rice cereal to the melted chocolate and stir.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the muffin liners and chill for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and sprinkle sea salt over each cup and then place back in freezer until solid.
- Store in the fridge or at room temperature.