Mixed Green Salad with Berries
A simple Mixed Green Salad with Berries is so simple to whip up and is ready in 20 minutes. Minimal chopping, and so much flavor! A perfect side salad or top it witch chicken or salmon to make it a meal.
- 10 oz. baby spring mix
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 c goat cheese
For the Dressing
- 7-8 strawberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c olive oil
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- sea salt to taste
In a large salad bowl, add all of the salad ingredients.
Using a high speed blender or food processor to combine all of the ingredients for the dressing until smooth. If the dressing is a bit thicker than you like, add a tablespoon of water or two.
Dress the salad to your liking, toss and serve.
- Sometimes I like to add some extra greens to the salad to balance the berries a bit more if I am in the mood for a little more green. Feel free to do so as well!
- Make it a meal by serving with grilled chicken or salmon on top.
- Use half the dressing to start when adding it so as not to overdo it. You can also add the dressing after serving it so that everyone has their desired amount.
- I have added some red onion to this salad before--it's not everyone's favorite, but I quite enjoy it!
Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 435mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 999IU | Vitamin C: 44mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 2mg