Creamy Crock Pot White Chicken Chili
This Creamy Crock Pot White Chicken Chili is a cozy soup with a kick! A touch of cream cheese, lime, and a bit of siracha to make this spicy slow cooker meal a bit different but certainly a new family favorite!
- 1 ½ lb chicken breast
- 2 c chicken broth more or less as desired
- 2 c corn
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chiles (or 2 fresh chiles)
- 2 cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon oregano
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 - 2 teaspoon Siracha
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- ¼ c half and half
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ c chopped cilantro
Place chicken at the bottom of slow cooker. Cover with the cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
Top chicken with corn, onion, chiles, beans, cilantro, cumin, chili powder and oregano.
Pour broth over and squeeze lime juice on top.
Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
When chicken is cooked through, remove from slow cooker and shred.
Add the shredded chicken back into the crock pot and stir to combine. Add the cream cheese and half n' half into the chili and stir well until completely dissolved. This may take a minute or so--I whisk it sometimes to help move it along.
Set crock pot to warm until you are ready to serve and enjoy with your favorite toppings!
- We like this Chicken Chili with cream cheese to be super thick and chunky. Even the little broth that I use is often too much for the hubby. If that is how you are, go light on the broth to start and add only one cup. You can always add more at the end.
- If you like your chili with a lot of heat, use jalapeño instead of green chiles and add a bit more Sriracha. Two teaspoons was just the right amount for us!
- No cannellini beans? You can use northern beans. And honestly kidney beans would work well too. It just wouldn't have the same "white chicken chili" color scheme.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 780mg | Potassium: 708mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 824IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 4mg