Strawberry Summer Quinoa Salad
Summer salads are always a perfect compliment to the season. This strawberry packed Summer Quinoa Salad is fresh and flavorful. Simple to toss together and includes feta, spinach and a homemade balsamic dressing. A staple salad in our house!
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1 ½ cup baby spinach
- 1 pint sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup red onion thinly chopped
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ c olive oil
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
Slice and chop ingredients and set aside. Whisk together balsamic, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
When quinoa is fully cooked, toss it over the spinach in a large mixing bowl and allow for the spinach to wilt as you stir.
Add onion, cilantro and dressing and toss to combine.
Stir in feta and strawberries.
Chill for about 20-30 minutes before eating. (Unless you are like me, I ate it from the mixing bowl!)
- I do not suggest making this salad too far in advance. You can prep all of the ingredients in advance, especially the dressing. The strawberries lose color and bleed into the salad after even half a day and I don't find it to be the prettiest. If you must prep it ahead of time, toss everything but the strawberries in until serving.
- I like to add an extra drizzle of olive oil and toss the salad before serving if it sits for more than a few hours.
- Feel free to add some grilled chicken on top and make this one a full meal!
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 484mg | Potassium: 362mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 878IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 161mg | Iron: 2mg