Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
Carrot cake for breakfast? Why yes! These Carrot Cake Overnight Oats are a simple, hearty way to start your morning. Prep your oats at night and breakfast is ready on the go. So easy!
- ½ cup rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1 ½ T coconut shredded or flaked
- ½ large carrot shredded
- ⅔ cup milk of choice
- 1 T chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 T raisins
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 - 2 teaspoon maple
- You can use steel cut oats for this recipe. Some people prefer steel cut oats over rolled oats. Steel cut will turn out much chewier than the rolled. Definitely not my preference by any means, but feel free to try if you would like!
- Try some of these optional add ins to give your carrot cake oatmeal a boost: chia seeds, ground flax, protein powder. All of these are great ways to give your breakfast a nice boost!
- Soak your oats for at least 4 hours for the best texture and flavor. You want to give the overnight oats enough time to absorb the liquid and soften the oats. If you don't wait long enough, they will be tough and chewy.
- Eat your overnight oatmeal hot or cold. Some people think that overnight oats have to be eaten cold. Not true. These carrot cake oats can certainly be eaten chilled but are delicious warmed up. I put mine in the microwave for about one minute before serving.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 247mg | Potassium: 409mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 5095IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 231mg | Iron: 3mg