Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole with Tater Tots
This simple Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole with Tater Tots is a perfect breakfast or brunch recipe for tator tot LOVERS. A fluffy egg layer with ham, cheddar and peppers topped with crispy tator tots--literally tots in every bite! 10 minutes to prep and something the whole family will love!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 8 large eggs
- 1 c milk
- ⅓ c sour cream
- 1 green bell pepper, small diced
- 16 oz. diced ham
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 oz package frozen tater tots you will only need about ¾ of the bag
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk together eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper until smooth. Add in the sour cream and whisk to combine until smooth.
Stir in one cup cheddar, diced pepper and ham. Pour the egg mixture into a 9x13 inch pan sprayed with oil. Layer the frozen tater tots evenly to cover the egg mixture.
Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until egg is cooked through and tots are golden and crispy. In the last 5 minutes, sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake to melt. Serve topped with sour cream and your favorite breakfast dishes.
Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
- For extra crispy tator tots, skip the cheese on top. Add all of the cheese to the egg mixture or just omit the extra cheese. You could also sprinkle it on top of the tots after removing from the oven.
- Use regular sized tots for this breakfast casserole with tator tots versus mini tots for best results. The mini tots will bake faster and potentially burn.
Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 155mg | Sodium: 1046mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 460IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 192mg | Iron: 1mg