Simple Chicken and Biscuits Recipe
This simple Chicken and Biscuits recipe is ready in just 30 minutes. Warm, comforting dinner is perfect for a night in with the family.
- 1 ½ lb chicken breast, cubed
- 3 celery stalks
- 3 carrots
- 1 cream of chicken condensed soup
- ⅓ whole milk
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp parsley
- Can of ready biscuit dough (you will only need 4-6 biscuits)
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- salt to taste
- olive oil
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Chop celery and carrots. Heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium high heat in a cast iron skillet. (or oven safe skillet--if you don't have one, that is ok, you can transfer to a baking dish before cooking biscuits)
When oil is hot and glistening, add in carrot and celery and sauté until celery is soft. Add another drizzle of olive oil and add chicken. Cook chicken over medium high until cooked through and 165°F internal temperature.
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together cream of chicken soup, milk and seasonings. When chicken is cooked through, set heat to low and stir in soup mixture to coat evenly.
Remove pan from heat and pull biscuits in half, laying on top of chicken skillet mixture evenly. (IF your skillet isn't oven safe, transfer to a baking dish.
Bake according to biscuit instructions or until golden brown. ( Mine was 11-13 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving!
- While this recipe can be whipped up in 30 minutes, there are several ways to cut out even more time. To save time chopping, grab a frozen veggie medley that contains carrots, onion, and celery. Some stores carry these and call them "soup starters" or something similar. They can really help in a crunch. You could also use precooked frozen diced chicken. I like to keep a bag around just in case, for those nights I don't have chicken thawed. Works like a charm!
- The baking time is mainly going to vary based on the kind of biscuits you use. My biscuits called for 350°F and to cook for about 11-13 minutes. Just base the baking on the biscuits and you should be fine. I split them in half as well.
- You don't have to stick to carrots and celery—change up the veggies if desired! I have a feeling some broccoli and, if Anthony is not around, all the peas would be amazing!
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 615mg | Potassium: 866mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 7707IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg