Fluffy Dairy Free Buttermilk Pancakes
These easy fluffy Dairy Free Buttermilk Pancakes are are healthy and delicious. A simple trick with almond milk makes buttermilk! You can still have these simple fluffy pancakes for breakfast without the dairy!
- 1 c milk of choice I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1 T apple cider vinegar white vinegar will work as well
- 1 ¾ c flour gluten free all purpose flour will work as well
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 T sugar or desired sweetener
- 2 T oil (I use canola)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Combine milk and vinegar and whisk. Allow to sit for about 3-5 minutes.
Whisk eggs, vanilla, canola oil, sugar, and 'buttermilk.' (vinegar milk combination.)
In another bowl, whisk dry ingredients together.
Slowly stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Try not to over stir. There will still be lumps.
Oil a skillet and heat desired size pancakes until edges begin to bubble around the edges.
Flip and heat several minutes until browned to the desired level.
Serve with your favorite pancake toppings.
- When measuring the flour for these pancakes, make sure to stir the flour to aerate it before serving. Then spoon the flour into the measuring cup and then level. Do not scoop the measuring cup directly into the flour or you may end up with too much flour.
- For EXTRA fluffy pancakes, you can beat the eggs until light and fluffy before adding into the recipe.
- Freeze these dairy free pancakes in a freezer safe bag or container. They will stay fresh for about 3 months.
Calories: 349kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 522mg | Potassium: 294mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 179IU | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 1mg