Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple Balsamic Glaze
These Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Maple Balsamic Glaze are the perfect side dish recipe for any dinner. Simple and delicious, with a perfect balsamic glaze and pecans, your veggie at dinner will be a big hit!
- 1½ lb. Brussels Sprouts ends trimmed and halved
- 2 T olive oil
- ½ c raw pecan halves
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅔ c balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 T maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt if desired
Preheat oven to 425°F.
In a medium bowl, toss Brussels Sprouts, olive oil, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper to coat sprouts evenly.
Line evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Place in oven to roast for about 25 minutes or until browned to liking.
Toss pecans in the leftover olive oil from the sprouts or add about 1 tsp more and add them onto the pan in the last 5 minutes of roasting.
While sprouts are roasting, in a small sauce pan, combine balsamic vinegar, maple and sea salt and set stove to medium heat.
Allow the mixture to come to a boil and stir frequently for about 5-7 minutes.
When the mixture begins to reduce and thicken slightly, remove it from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes before drizzling over Brussels Sprouts. You will know the glaze is reducing when you can pull the spoon out and the mixture slowly falls off the spoon and has a thicker consistency.
- The trick to the glaze is to not overcook it. If you are unsure if it's ready, just pull it off the heat anyway. I learned that very quickly the first time around when I basically created Maple Balsamic candy. Oops! Once it cools, it will thicken up for sure.
- The pecans are not 100% needed in this recipe, but they certainly are my favorite addition to the sprouts.
- You can broil the Brussels sprouts for a few minutes before removing them from the oven for extra crispiness.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 344mg | Potassium: 783mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 1283IU | Vitamin C: 145mg | Calcium: 102mg | Iron: 3mg