Homemade Mocha Frappuccino with Sea Salt
A simple blended coffee drink with all the chocolate and budget friendly--this Homemade Mocha Frappuccino with Sea Salt is the perfect pick me up for any day!
- ¾ cup strong brewed coffee, chilled or room temp.
- ½ cup milk or cream (or a combo of the two)
- 2 cups ice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 - 2 T maple syrup or favorite sweetener depending on desired sweetness
- 2 - 3 T chocolate sauce (more for drizzle!)
- 2 cranks sea salt (optional)
Combine all ingredients but the ice and stir/whisk well until combined. This works best especially if using hot coffee so it can cool down before putting over ice.
Add mixture and ice to high powered blender or smoothie maker and blend until smooth. Add in more ice if too thin for your liking. Also adjust sweetener as desired.
Serve immediately with whipped cream and an extra drizzle of chocolate!
This makes 2 small or 1 large serving.
- I typically use all half n' half or a combo of whole milk and heavy cream in this Mocha Frappuccino. At least a little bit of rich cream is necessary for the best possible drink. The milk or cream you use will have a big impact on how good yours is. Skim milk will definitely not have quite the same richness by any means.
- A high quality chocolate sauce is best versus Hershey's syrup for a "tastes like Starbucks" drink. I love Ghirardelli or Torani the best right now.
- The stronger the coffee, the better. The strength will be diluted by the ice and cream, so you don't want to start off with a weak coffee. Cold brews are great as well because they are typically much stronger.
- Sweetener--ok, when I originally developed this recipe, I often used maple syrup to sweeten everything. Sweeten to your own taste and with your favorite sweetener. This is the biggest feedback I have gotten on this frappuccino recipe over the years--too sweet or not sweet enough. So seriously, YOU DO YOU! You know what you love.
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 379mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 428IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 1mg