Air Fryer Fish Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw
These Air Fryer Fish Tacos are ready start to finish in about 15 minutes. Toss a simple Cilantro Lime Slaw together while the fish air fries and you will have the perfect taco dinner. Use your favorite white fish: tilapia, mahi mahi, cod, etc. A weeknight dinner that is so simple and one that everyone will love!
For the Fish:
- 1 ½ lb tilapia or white fish (mahi mahi, cod, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (more or less for spiciness)
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
For the Cilantro Lime Slaw:
- 2½ c cole slaw mix
- 3 T mayonnaise
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ⅓ c chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon sugar optional
- ¼ sea salt more or less to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
For Taco Assembly:
- extra lime juice
Spray the air fryer basket with oil. In a small bowl, mix the spices, salt and pepper well to combine.
Pat fish dry and then lay it in the air fryer basket. Brush with olive oil. Generously cover the fish with the spice rub and gently press it into the fish. Spritz over top of the fish with oil to help it all hold to the fish and stay moist.
Preheat air fryer to 400°F. Heat the fish for about 8-10 minutes or until opaque and easily flakes. Internal temperature should reach 145°F.
While the fish cooks, toss together the ingredients for the cilantro lime slaw. Adjust the salt to taste or add more lime juice as desired.
When fish is cooked, remove from the air fryer basket. Cut into small pieces and add to tortillas and top with slaw. Add an extra squeeze of lime. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
To reheat, air fry the fish for about 2-4 minutes until hot.
- If you don't have an air fryer, you can bake the fish for these tacos. Bake at 400°F for about 15 minutes or until cooked through and flaky. For best results, bake on parchment paper.
- Thicker fish will take longer to air fry. The tilapia I used here was just over half an inch in it's thickest spot. You are looking for a 145°F internal temperature. This will be easier to test in a thicker fish filet. Add a couple extra minutes on at a time until fish is cooked through.
- Once the fish is in the air fryer basket, don't turn or flip it. It is more likely to fall apart. You can lay parchment down in your air fryer basket if preferred.
Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 488mg | Potassium: 636mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 421IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg