With a few simple tricks, you can have thick, fluffy pancakes! Simple to whip up and the perfect way to start the morning. Beating the egg whites and a few other tips to make these your go-to pancake recipe!
Servings: 12 pancakes
- 1 ½ c flour
- 3 T confectioners' sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg yolk, 2 egg whites
- 1 ⅓ c milk
- 2 T butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla
Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolk, milk, vanilla and melted butter together to combine. Add the flour mixture into the wet mixture and stir only until combined. It is fine to still have some lumps.
Allow the batter to rest for at least 10 minutes. 15 minutes if you can wait!
While the batter is resting, use a mixer to beat the egg whites on medium to high until stiff peaks form. This will take anywhere from 3-5 minutes. Transfer the beaten egg whites to the batter just before you are ready to pour the batter on the griddle. Gently fold them into the batter.
Grease a griddle heated to medium with spray oil or butter. Using ⅓ cup spoonfuls, pour the batter onto the griddle. Allow to heat until bubbles begin to form throughout the pancake and then flip. Cook for several more minutes or until cooked to desired golden brown.
Serve warm with more butter and a nice drizzle of maple syrup!
- These fluffy pancakes are freezer friendly. Keep them for about one month in a freezer safe bag or container. Microwave them for about 1-2 minutes to reheat.
- Stir the flour in your flour container to fluff it up and then spoon the flour and level it with a knife. This can make a huge difference in the flour--promise. Scooping the measuring cup into the flour container can result in an extra 1-2 ounces of flour!
- I have used canola oil instead of the butter. I prefer the flavor and texture of the pancakes with the butter, but the oil still works well.
Calories: 108kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 132IU | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1mg