The Perfect Slow Cooker Pot Roast
There is nothing more comforting than a big pot roast with hearty vegetables. This is the easiest, most perfect Slow Cooker Pot Roast recipe. The meat literally falls apart and melts in your mouth and requires less than 10 minutes of prep time!
- 3-4 lb chuck roast
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ lb petite potatoes
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 c beef broth
- 1 ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt (more or less to taste)
Slice onions and rinse vegetables. Add carrots, potatoes and onion into the bottom of slow cooker. Toss to mix.
Place the chuck roast on top of the vegetables. Pour broth on top. Season meat with garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme. Turn the slow cooker too low and cook for about 8 hours or until meat falls apart easily and the carrots and potatoes are soft. ( I recommend cooking on low, but you can cook on high for 4-6 hours if necessary.)
When meat is ready, you can stir to allow the meat to fall apart into chunks. Transfer to a serving dish or serve straight from the slow cooker.
- We have always preferred the juices from the roast and pour it over as we serve. If you want to thicken it up a bit, add about 1-2 tablespoons of corn starch into the juice at the bottom about 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Not a fan of onions? You can omit them completely.
- You can brown the roast on each side prior to tossing into the slow cooker if you prefer. I never do and love the results still.
Calories: 536kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 399mg | Potassium: 1466mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 10478IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 7mg